NC not creating any notes on large dbs using many solid defs

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

NC not creating any notes on large dbs using many solid defs

Postby rowhousepd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 am

I've been a long-time user and big fan of NoteCaddy (as an addon to Holdem Manager), and thus I'm am very familiar with how it works ... or at least how it should be working, how definitions need to be written, how color defs work, etc. I've actually worked on my own set of over 200+ customized defs over the years that all work splendidly on HM2.

Buuuuut when I exported them from HM2 as I just did and then imported them without modification into my PT4 db of about ~500k hands, it seems that NO notes are getting written! :? The NC app launches just fine, and the importing seemed to go well. I even made a few super simple defs from scratch using PT just to make sure it wasn't a problem with my library originally being written in another program. But alas, nothing seems to be happening! With the ~200 defs active, I hit the botton to start creating notes. The bar slowly moves to the right as (I assume) it checks each def ... but when it's done, it says it has mades 0 (that's ZERO) notes. These are the very same defs and the same sized database that produce literally hundreds of thousands of notes in HM2, so I'm positive something behind the scenes is goign on here on PT's end. :(

I've idiot-checked everything including no having filters turned on, and checking many of the note defs so made sense, and I added all the appropriate exceptions to Norton's firewall settings. I even used the Test environment to make sure the defs were flagging the right action/sequence for any given hand. But there's no hand that's getting processed.

Any ideas? It's weird, no?!? Thanks in advance for your help!

p.s. I've been waiting for NC to be compatible for PT4 because I find the addon soooo crucial to my game and had to endure HM2 for what seemed like ages. This is all to say I really hope NC and PT can, in fact, somehow integrate smoothly. These are my two favorite programs, and it would be beyond awesome to get them playing nicely! Cheers
rowhousepd

Re: NC not creating any notes on large dbs using many solid

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Can you please enable logging in NoteCaddy (File -> Settings -> Enable Logging). Once that's done please restart PokerTracker 4 with the logging enabled link on your Windows Start menu, reproduce this issue and then send us these files in a Support Ticket:

--> C:\Users\[windows_login]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

--> C:\Users\[windows_login]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\NoteCaddy.log

--> C:\Users\[windows_login]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\NoteCaddy.Errors.log

You can access the 'Logs' folder with these files by selecting the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' menu item in PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Ok, Flag_Hippo, I sent the info in a support ticket. Fingers crossed. Thanks.
rowhousepd

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:18 am

Bump? :/
rowhousepd

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 am

Flag_Hippo is away for a few days and I can't see your recent ticket - can you post the number please so I can follow it up for you?
WhiteRider

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:35 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Flag_Hippo is away for a few days and I can't see your recent ticket - can you post the number please so I can follow it up for you?

Thanks, WhiteRider. It's 363300. :)
rowhousepd

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:20 am

I'm not seeing any notes with your definitions either but I can't tell why so I have reminded the NoteCaddy developer to take a look at your ticket. Sorry for the delay!
WhiteRider

Postby rowhousepd » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:45 am

Thanks again, WhiteRider!
rowhousepd

Return to NoteCaddy