Notecaddy not generating notes in hud

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Notecaddy not generating notes in hud

Postby Jackntigger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:33 pm

I made some custom stats in notecaddy then reset my notes and processed them in the database that is active for PT4. Notecaddy notes in my hud were working fine before all of this. Now, none of my notecaddy notes generate in the hud. Notecaddy is starting up as I can see it in my task manager using some CPU. I changed to a brand new PT4 database in case something was corrupted in my old one. The only thing I didn't do is reset notes on all my databases as that would take several days and blow up my computer. Do you have any hints as to how I can get my hud back to working?

Thanks.
Jackntigger

Re: Notecaddy not generating notes in hud

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 pm

So we can investigate this please restart PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Windows Start Menu and reproduce this issue you described. Once that's done please attach these files from your 'Logs' folder to a Support Ticket:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log
C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\NoteCaddy.log
C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\NoteCaddy.Errors.log

Please also include a sample of hands not generating notes. You can access the 'Logs' folder with those files by clicking 'File --> Open User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Jackntigger » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:14 am

-logging enabled link on your Windows Start Menu-

A google search came up blank on this. I'm using Windows 10 and to get to the start menu, I click on the 4 paned window icon but I don't see anything that says, "logging". How do I enable logging through windows?
Jackntigger

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 am

By default the list of programs installed in your computer will be listed in alphabetical order when you click the Windows Start Menu so all you need to do is scroll down in that list to the 'PokerTracker 4 (Logging Enabled)' option. If you don't see the list then you will need to reenable that option in your Windows settings (Settings -> Personalisation -> Start -> Show app list in Start menu) but you can still access the option by simply clicking on your Windows Start button and typing 'PokerTracker 4' and then selecting the 'PokerTracker 4 (Logging Enabled)' option when it appears. Alternatively you can turn logging on and off via the 'Configure -> Options -> Logging Enabled' menu option in PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Jackntigger » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 pm

I just sent the log files you requested. I noticed in the Notecaddy error log that it was mostly empty with a message that says:
ERROR: 42883: function notecaddy_update_data() does not exist

Thanks for your help.
Jackntigger

Postby Jackntigger » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Update -
NC is working properly. I just needed to update to the latest PT4. I should have done that earlier but in the past I needed an older version to get PT4 and NC to work with my ignition card catcher.
Jackntigger

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:45 am

Thanks for updating us.
Flag_Hippo

Return to NoteCaddy