Accidentally Turned off PC During Setup

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Accidentally Turned off PC During Setup

Postby Swerve » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:16 am

Hi, while Notecaddy was setting up, my PC was accidentally turned off. When I reopened PT4, NC appeared to be there and functioning, but I'm thinking that it didn't properly detect my database, or whatever it does, because when I choose "Caddy Report", it tells me that it will only display something there once "all hands have been processed." But when I go to process hands, it pretty much immediately tells me it's done processing hands, but I don't see any information or hand/players/stats/etc anywhere. Also, I tried adding a few NC scatter/map stats to a popup in an existing HUD, but the popup is blank when I select in on a (replay) table.

So I'm not 100% sure what's going on since I'm new to NC and still poking around, but given what I've described, I'm afraid it didn't properly link to the 50k+ hands in my database during setup, and I can't find a way to check on and/or fix that anywhere in the options. Would somebody mind helping me troubleshoot? I tried poking around some of the links/support page but didn't find anything relevant/helpful other than the message that it should "automatically detect my database" (but I assume that that is assuming setup happened without interruption) and I don't see directions for how to change/locate that kind of information.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
Swerve

Re: Accidentally Turned off PC During Setup

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:23 am

You can have NoteCaddy recreate all notes by resetting them with File > Reset Notes, then click Start on the Creating Notes page, although depending on how early in the setup process your computer turned off it's possible that won't help. If that doesn't say it creates any notes please post back and I'm sure the NoteCaddy guys will get back to you directly.
WhiteRider

Postby Swerve » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Okay, that worked, insofar as it actually referenced the number of hands in my database this time as it processed them, and the processing wasn't instantaneous. However, at the tables, any NC .stat or .text. or .note entries that I put in a popup still aren't showing any results at all; the scatter/heat/spark stuff only show a very, very small tick mark in place of the visual, and the numerical stats are just empty ('-'). I tried testing with some common stats that def exist in my database but nothing shows up for either old or new hands.

One other piece of information: I went to "Test Environment" and pasted in the last HH I had and hit "Run", and it threw an exception:

NoteCaddy_exception.png

I noticed a couple of other threads talking about their HUDs/Caddy Reports being blank for WPN HHs too, so this might be a known issue. But please let me know if there's something obvious I'm missing here.
Swerve

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:43 am

Ah yes, I believe that the WPN issue is a known problem but I have mentioned this to the NoteCaddy guys to try to get you a confirmation.
WhiteRider

Return to NoteCaddy