Can't see/use badges

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Can't see/use badges

Postby Alienz83 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:33 am

Hi all, I'm trying to understand how to use notecaddy, I read some guides and search topics in the forum but unfortunately I can't use it! I'm trying to create some badges and see in the replayer of pokertracker but the only badge that appears is the resteal opposite that I haven't even choose...
This is the procedure I use:

I select and adding the note definitions that I want
1.png

And then go to file click "Save" click on the tab "Start" click on the "Perform Pending Actions" and "proceed" once finished I'm going in the replayer of pokertracker and trying to replay some of the last hands but can't see my badge. I'm playing on Ipoker and using the Hud Cash-Edge- BlackPopups, I tried to add some other note definitions and repeate the procedure whithout result. I checked even in "Edit Hud Profiles" on pokertracker there are 10 NC OrderedBadge by default. What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that there is no guide or video tutorial that explains step by step from the installation to how to use it? Thx in advance and sorry for any mistake.
Alienz83

Re: Can't see/use badges

Postby SretiCentV » Thu May 07, 2020 2:16 am

I can see why there would be confusion here and I apologize for that. The way it works now is that for a note definition to function like a badge, it has to have the badge set (as you've done) and something filtered in the 'Advanced' tab in the definition editor. See the default FitOrFoldLimpCall for an example. That said, there's no good reason why it shouldn't work as you've configured it and that is something that will be fixed for the next build. One thing to keep in mind though is that it would show the badge for everyone who has this note in any capacity. Typically some filter on the note is used to ensure the badge is shown when it is meaningful. This is mostly done via color definitions (though can also be done in the advanced tab of the note definition itself). The reason why color definitions are generally preferred is because you can fine tune the values without having the pending tasks require your attention each time.
SretiCentV
Third Party App Developer

Return to NoteCaddy