I can't get NoteCaddy for PokerTracker to work :(

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

I can't get NoteCaddy for PokerTracker to work :(

Postby kampy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:14 pm

I can't get NoteCaddy for PokerTracker to work.

1. NoteCaddy allegedly tried the hands processing. see picture 1.
but nothing happens. I also let it run at night. the progress bar doesn't move a millimeter.
2. NoteCaddy is supposedly trying to create Notes. see picture 2.
but nothing happens. I also let this run at night. the progress bar does not move a millimeter.

In other sub-forums I had found that the corresponding folder should be renamed, or the content should be deleted, to start over.
even after that there was no change. no improvement.

I can't find a new NoteCaddy popup.
I can't find a new profile from the NoteCaddy either.
The only thing I find in the "Hud Profile Editor" under Add-Statistic are the new NoteCaddy stats.

PS: my test month is almost over now.
kampy

Re: I can't get NoteCaddy for PokerTracker to work :(

Postby kampy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:21 pm

notecaddy1.JPG
kampy

Postby kampy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:22 pm

notecaddy2.JPG
kampy

Postby nostrakhan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:10 am

Hi kampy,

Can you please try creating a new database in PT4? In the new database just import a small amount of hands to start with (like 10k hands or so). After the hands are imported, then see if NoteCaddy will process the database.

If it works, then go ahead and import more hands into the database.

You can find where your processed hands are by clicking (in PT4) Configure → Sites & Import Options → Preferences.

If creating a new database doesn't help, please try to make sure that your antivirus/firewall have exceptions made for these directories:

C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4
C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerTracker 4
Here's a link that shows how to add a folder to your exclusion list in windows 10:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security.

If you use a different antivirus/firewall than windows defender please add the folder exceptions listed above into them.

​After doing this, please restart your PC and see if you still have the issue. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get some of the default HUD profiles you will want to go into NoteCaddy, and click on 'Manage my Ultimate Packs'. NCE Ultimate Cash & MTT packages have some preconfigured profiles that should get imported when the packages are installed. In one of the next updates the 'Default Definitions' package will also get its own profile.
nostrakhan

Postby kampy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:07 am

Hello,
thank you for your quick response.

"Can you please try creating a new database in PT4? In the new database just import a small amount of hands to start with (like 10k hands or so)."

sorry, I do not know how that works. :(
can you tell me how I can / must do this, please?

Thanks
kampy

Postby nostrakhan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:25 am

kampy wrote:Hello,
thank you for your quick response.

"Can you please try creating a new database in PT4? In the new database just import a small amount of hands to start with (like 10k hands or so)."

sorry, I do not know how that works. :(
can you tell me how I can / must do this, please?

Thanks

You're welcome. To create a new database in PT4, click Database → Database Management → New, and enter in the name of the new database that you want. Then also select 'Set Active', and if you like you can choose to make it the default database by selecting 'Set Default'.

Once you're in the new database, click 'Play Poker' and choose 'Get Hands From Disk'. Navigate to the directory where your processed hands are stored (by default it's C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed). You can see the directory they're stored in by clicking Configure → Sites & Import Options → Preferences. Import some of your hands, maybe just start with the last month or 2 of hands.
nostrakhan

Postby kampy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:58 pm

Hello,
i made it work with your help. Thank you.
it had create a smaller database from the last few weeks.
then "reinstall" as described above.
and then everything went automatically.
greetings
kampy

Postby nostrakhan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:19 am

I'm glad you got it working. Thanks for letting us know, kampy :)
nostrakhan

Postby kampy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:40 pm

sorry, for the next question:
my NoteCaddy-Hud does not work. since yesterday.
i have the impression (i'm almost sure) that it has been like this since yesterday's update.
Yesterday when I started the poker tracker I could see that about 6 mb of NoteCaddy had been additionally installed. (for what? I dont know.)
Since then, the hud disappears from the table, or it keeps trying to reload and reload and reload, or even the pokerstars software blocks for a few seconds (not responding)
can you help me, please?
kampy

Postby nostrakhan » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:56 am

kampy wrote:sorry, for the next question:
my NoteCaddy-Hud does not work. since yesterday.
i have the impression (i'm almost sure) that it has been like this since yesterday's update.
Yesterday when I started the poker tracker I could see that about 6 mb of NoteCaddy had been additionally installed. (for what? I dont know.)
Since then, the hud disappears from the table, or it keeps trying to reload and reload and reload, or even the pokerstars software blocks for a few seconds (not responding)
can you help me, please?

Hello kampy,

That is a strange issue. Does the HUD load normally for you in the replayer? Here are a couple of things I recommend to try:

*Add exceptions to security software*

Please add the folders below into your exclusion list:
C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4
C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerTracker 4

If you use a different antivirus/firewall than windows defender please add the folder exceptions listed above into them.

​After doing this, please restart your PC and see if you still have the issue. 

If the issue persists then try this:

*Resetting PT4 NC Settings Back To Factory Defaults*
1. Close PT4 and navigate to: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5.
2. Make a backup of the .xml files (copy/move them somewhere else on your pc).
3. Delete the .xml files from the directory in step 1.
4. Restart PT4, go into NoteCaddy and adjust your settings as you prefer again (File → Settings).
5. If you use Color Definitions, then import the ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up from step 2, into NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions.
6. Reset and reprocess the notes (File → Reset Notes).
nostrakhan

Return to NoteCaddy