All my notes dissapeared

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

All my notes dissapeared

Postby bubba9937 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:43 pm

The one variable (that I'm sure made them dissapear is I unchecked default definitions under manage definitions) but now I'm trying to re-check it and get everything back.

I used to have tons of notes and I unchecked 'Default Definitions' momentarily under my Manage Definition Packs. Now I keep trying to re-check it and re-run notes on my database and it repeatedly keeps unchecking Default Definitions (the other one that remains checked the whole time is MTT EDGE). It keeps asking me to do 2 pending tasks Color Code for Stars which i've done, closed stars, reopened stars. tried doing this several times through Notecaddy and no matter what it keeps unchecking Default Defitions (which I assume is why I no longer have any notes).

The only notes it's taking now are new ones for Allin Count and Total Hands. on the same player pool where i used to have tons and tons of notes. I use PT4 and PS.

Can you please help?
bubba9937

Re: All my notes dissapeared

Postby nostrakhan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:31 pm

bubba9937 wrote:The one variable (that I'm sure made them dissapear is I unchecked default definitions under manage definitions) but now I'm trying to re-check it and get everything back.

I used to have tons of notes and I unchecked 'Default Definitions' momentarily under my Manage Definition Packs. Now I keep trying to re-check it and re-run notes on my database and it repeatedly keeps unchecking Default Definitions (the other one that remains checked the whole time is MTT EDGE). It keeps asking me to do 2 pending tasks Color Code for Stars which i've done, closed stars, reopened stars. tried doing this several times through Notecaddy and no matter what it keeps unchecking Default Defitions (which I assume is why I no longer have any notes).

The only notes it's taking now are new ones for Allin Count and Total Hands. on the same player pool where i used to have tons and tons of notes. I use PT4 and PS.

Can you please help?

Hello bubba9937,

I can't seem to reproduce this issue you're having. If I uncheck Default Definitions, then they stay unchecked. If I do check it, the package installs, and if I look again it remains checked.

To solve your issue, can you please try clearing your NC settings to see if it fixes it? Here are instructions for that:

*Resetting PT4 NC Settings Back To Factory Defaults*
1. Close PT4 and navigate to: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5.
2. Make a backup of the .xml files (copy/move them somewhere else on your pc).
3. Delete the .xml files from the directory in step 1.
4. Restart PT4, go into NoteCaddy and adjust your settings as you prefer again (File → Settings).
5. If you use customized Color Definitions, then import the ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up from step 2, into NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions.
6. Reset and reprocess the notes (File → Reset Notes).

(copied response from your 2+2 post in case you didn't see it)
nostrakhan

Return to NoteCaddy