Running PT4 and HM2 Notecaddy simultaneously

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Running PT4 and HM2 Notecaddy simultaneously

Postby rnieko » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:04 am

Hi,

I'm moving from HM2 to PT4 and but still need to use HM2 for Pokerstars because I need to use large DB there and PT4 is way too slow. Ideally I need to run both HUDs at the same time. Standard stats work but when I run both Notecaddies at the same time some of its stats get deleted or corrupted. Is it not possible by design or is there some way to make it work?

EDIT. Also to add. My note creation works 4-5x faster on PT4 but HUD stat load times are unbearable even with RAM drive enabled and medium sized DB of less than 1 mil hands. Why is that?
rnieko

Re: Running PT4 and HM2 Notecaddy simultaneously

Postby nostrakhan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:15 am

rnieko wrote:Hi,

I'm moving from HM2 to PT4 and but still need to use HM2 for Pokerstars because I need to use large DB there and PT4 is way too slow. Ideally I need to run both HUDs at the same time. Standard stats work but when I run both Notecaddies at the same time some of its stats get deleted or corrupted. Is it not possible by design or is there some way to make it work?

EDIT. Also to add. My note creation works 4-5x faster on PT4 but HUD stat load times are unbearable even with RAM drive enabled and medium sized DB of less than 1 mil hands. Why is that?

Hi rnieko,

I doubt you will have a pleasant time running both at the same time.

1 mill hands is a lot of hands. This is likely going to cause delays loading the NC stats in PT4. I think the way NC is designed for PT4 (and HM3) is it loads all notes for a player (from every popup) when you open a specific popup. So if you have 50k hands on a player for example, and you have a lot of NC definitions with detailed popups, there is a ton of information that needs to load and it can take a few seconds. All of those notes that get loaded go into the cache, and when you open a popup for that same player again it should load instantly (until the cache rebuilds).
nostrakhan

Postby rnieko » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:18 pm

I had speed issues with the newest NC version in HM2 but it resolved by resetting NC settings. I just needed to delete some .xml files from HM2 folder. Is there alternative for this in PT4?

By the way, there's some kind of bug in Settings/Partitions tab. When I try editing the partitions I get this almost blank window with one number. See the attachment.
Attachments
2.png
rnieko

Postby nostrakhan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:09 pm

rnieko wrote:I had speed issues with the newest NC version in HM2 but it resolved by resetting NC settings. I just needed to delete some .xml files from HM2 folder. Is there alternative for this in PT4?

By the way, there's some kind of bug in Settings/Partitions tab. When I try editing the partitions I get this almost blank window with one number. See the attachment.

Hi rnieko,

Yes, you'll find the .xml files in this directory:
C:\Users\[Windows username]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5

Thank you for reporting the issue with the partitions. I am able to reproduce it, and I'm making a ticket for the developers so that they're aware.
nostrakhan

Postby nostrakhan » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:46 am

This issue should be fixed now in the latest version of NoteCaddy (2.9.88.0). Thanks again for reporting it.
nostrakhan

Return to NoteCaddy