Full Tilt hand history converter...

Any support related posts should go here.

Full Tilt hand history converter...

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:49 am

As you know, there are still users having "Access violation" errors with the latest PT2 patch for FullTilt. I am working on trying to figure out what the problem is. In the meantime, one of the PT users, drgfire, has graciously created a small EXE file that you can download and run that will convert the new FT Unicode files into ANSI text files in a folder of your choosing. Then you point PT2 to the folder you selected the ANSI files to be written to instead of the FT hand history folder.

I am still going to be working on fixing this issue in PT but until then, anyone interested can use this EXE to work around the issue. Below is the text from another post in which drgfire first posted this EXE. NOTE THAT I HAVE COPIED THE EXE FILE TO MY SERVER, SCANNED IT FOR VIRUSES, ETC., ETC.

drgfire wrote:Pat, are you there? I have created a little gui .net program to "copy and convert" FT HH files to some other directory, which in turn can then be given to PT. It seems to work, at least in my limited testing with the latest official PT version, that is patch .03j I think.

Here are the download links:

Just the exe:
http://s217900936.onlinehome.us/ft_hh.exe

Visual Studio 2003 project with source code in C#:
http://www.2shared.com/file/6661039/fb6 ... sproj.html

I understand that people might be hesitant to download some dubious programs (and right so), and that's why I've included the source code to have a look for yourself. There's nothing harmful being done, at least not intentional ... ;)

Bugs? Certainly, don't know. Neither do I know how PT exactly reads the files, nor how FT is writing them. Well, have a go and maybe report back. But please understand that this program is without support. I've really just created it for myself, but it might be helpful to others after all.

Edit: Maybe I should add a bit on how to use it

You have to specify two directories, the FT hand history folder (with username!) and some output directory to which the converted files will be copied. This directory has then to be given to PT.
Clicking on "GO!" starts the timer, which kicks in at the specified intervals and performs the file conversions. It is intented to be running in the background, together with PT in auto-import mode.
ptrack pat

Re: Full Tilt hand history converter...

Postby drgfire » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks Pat for putting up this thread, I should have done that in the first place.

Anyone already tried it? Have to say I'm running it for some time, multi-tabling cash game, and it seems to work alright. Guys, give it a try!
drgfire

Postby Vimesy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:08 pm

drgfire wrote:Thanks Pat for putting up this thread, I should have done that in the first place.

Anyone already tried it? Have to say I'm running it for some time, multi-tabling cash game, and it seems to work alright. Guys, give it a try!

Just used it to convert hands I played yesterday and import them. Worked like a charm, will try it out tonight in real time.

Thanks so much for posting this.
Vimesy

Postby drgfire » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Hey guys, here's a little update for the brave... :ugeek:

http://www.2shared.com/file/6667390/5f7 ... h_v02.html

Changelog:
o Added "Force" button to trigger conversion immediately
o Use config file for the supplied paths (created at program exit). Got tired of picking the same folders again and again...
o More complete error handling and better "Action Log"

Pat, can you upload it to your server, but maybe keep v0.1 also. I haven't really tested v.02 and won't have time to fix anything the next 20 hours or so. On the other hand, there might be no need anymore in 20 hours... ;)
drgfire

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:54 pm

drgfire wrote:Hey guys, here's a little update for the brave... :ugeek:

http://www.2shared.com/file/6667390/5f7 ... h_v02.html

Changelog:
o Added "Force" button to trigger conversion immediately
o Use config file for the supplied paths (created at program exit). Got tired of picking the same folders again and again...
o More complete error handling and better "Action Log"

Pat, can you upload it to your server, but maybe keep v0.1 also. I haven't really tested v.02 and won't have time to fix anything the next 20 hours or so. On the other hand, there might be no need anymore in 20 hours... ;)

Done. Thanks so much again for doing this.
ptrack pat

Postby detroitkid » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:29 pm

ptrack pat wrote:As you know, there are still users having "Access violation" errors with the latest PT2 patch for FullTilt. I am working on trying to figure out what the problem is. In the meantime, one of the PT users, drgfire, has graciously created a small EXE file that you can download and run Here are the download links:

Just the exe:

You have to specify two directories, the FT hand history folder (with username!) and some output directory to which the converted files will be copied. This directory has then to be given to PT.
Clicking on "GO!" starts the timer, which kicks in at the specified intervals and performs the file conversions. It is intented to be running in the background, together with PT in auto-import mode.
[/quote]

I downloaded ft_hh.exe and when I tried to execute it, it said "the application failed to initialize properly".
detroitkid

Postby detroitkid » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:55 pm

detroitkid wrote:
ptrack pat wrote:As you know, there are still users having "Access violation" errors with the latest PT2 patch for FullTilt. I am working on trying to figure out what the problem is. In the meantime, one of the PT users, drgfire, has graciously created a small EXE file that you can download and run Here are the download links:

Just the exe:

I downloaded ft_hh.exe and when I tried to execute it, it said "the application failed to initialize properly".[/quote]

Does this have to execute from thje command prompt? How does one feed the 2 parameters to the executable, otherwise?
detroitkid

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:56 pm

All you should need to do is double-click on the EXE to open it, you don't need to run from the command prompt.
ptrack pat

Postby detroitkid » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:01 pm

ptrack pat wrote:All you should need to do is double-click on the EXE to open it, you don't need to run from the command prompt.

Well, I get the above-metioned error when I do that. Is this for XP? There must be some runtime requirements for this program that I don't have.
You need the address at which this fails? xc0000135
detroitkid

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:21 pm

I didn't write the program so drgfire would have to answer that. I use XP and it's works fine. You are the only one saying there are problems.
ptrack pat

Next

Return to PTH Support