This is inappropriate. I'm not willing to open all hand history files and replace all special charaters. It's even not feasible during multitabling. But even if I did so, the real problem won't be solved. PAHUD does not recognize the player's name. If there is "Mäxchen" at my table, it doesn't matter if PTO has stored his stats for the player "Maxchen" or "MÃ¤xchen". None of them is playing with me (or even existing). Therefore PAHUD can't display any stats.
So actually there is something wrong during the import of the hand histories and that should be fixed. I just went through my database and there are players with special characters in their names (latest hand history is from November 2008). So one year ago the import worked fine. I suppose you changed something during one of the latest patches.