Rush HUD

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Rush HUD

Postby Chappie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:22 pm

I appreciate the effort you folks are putting into this, I'm sure it's been a rough couple of weeks over there. Unfortunately, the instantaneous HUD is still too slow to be useful (in the latest beta). I'm playing 3 tables, which perhaps is causing the problem, but in my experience, the stats are often several hands behind. I even had an instance where it was putting 2 sets of stats up, one on top of the other. Neither were the ones relevant to the current hand, but sitting out, closing the table, and restarting it fixed the issue. I'm hopeful (and confident) that you will continue working on the issue beyond its current beta state.
Chappie

Re: Rush HUD

Postby tarix » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:00 pm

Please submit a support ticket with your logs. We tested this with databases in excess of 10GB and 2 million hands. In that extreme case the stats were always available by the flop. (I realize that is two slow but it's still zero hands behind.)

Rush is obviously very sensitive to performance and we need to make sure of two things:
1) That you are getting the peak performance from your computer.
2) That we have massive amounts of information so we can attack the performance problems.
tarix
Developer

Postby Chappie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:11 am

I'll save you the support ticket and say that you should DEFINITELY encourage users to regularly houseclean. I was able to make it work after I did a complete housecleaning. The performance is distractingly slow, however. I get some lag with one table open, and quite a bit with two or more tables open. My pc is a year or so old, but is in pretty decent shape. If you have compiled a set of performance enhancing tips/instructions, please link me to them.
Chappie

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:01 am

You may want to create a separate database purely for Rush hands if you're not seeing good performance due to a large database.
WhiteRider

Postby tarix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:34 am

Chappie wrote:If you have compiled a set of performance enhancing tips/instructions, please link me to them.

Can you send us a log with at least 10 hands in it so we can see your specific problem? Just play 10 hands, sit out, copy the log and continue your session. You can send the copied file later. Including the hand history for those 10 hands would be great as well.
tarix
Developer

Postby texasAUtiger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:57 pm

I only have rush hands, am only playing 1 table, and the HUD can't keep up. Is there a way to maximize the refresh rate? It goes just fine for a few hands but then quits updating the stats or overlays 2 sets of stats on top of one another where you can't read anything.

I do not think this is a database issue as mine is small (17k hands).

Thanks for any ideas on how I can fix this.
texasAUtiger

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Please send us a log so that we can investigate for you.
kraada

Postby aaron51_lz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:05 am

I'm having performance issues like the ones mentioned above, how do I submit a log for you guys to analyze?
aaron51_lz

Postby Chappie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:09 am

ok, I'm doing a support ticket with a log right now.
Chappie

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:07 am

Yes please - the more information we have the better.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to General [Read Only]