I am BB SB limp, How to filter that ?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I am BB SB limp, How to filter that ?

Postby Emeric » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:40 pm

Did you create a Column to access the database field, then create a Statistic from that?
Yes

Did you set the 'format' of the Stat, and column width, etc?
I don't understand what you are talking about

What happens if you add your new Stat to your report, rather than filtering on it?
What do you mean by add ? import ?
If it is to import, then I should first export it, no ?
if you mean I could paste the stat somewhere, then I dont see where, it seems impossible to paste the stat on the big empy white squareon the right .
Emeric

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:20 pm

Emeric wrote:Did you set the 'format' of the Stat, and column width, etc?
I don't understand what you are talking about

When you create your stat on this window
you need to fill in the formatting fields I mention.
Please read the Documentation on Custom Statistics.

What happens if you add your new Stat to your report, rather than filtering on it?
What do you mean by add ? import ?
If it is to import, then I should first export it, no ?
if you mean I could paste the stat somewhere, then I dont see where, it seems impossible to paste the stat on the big empy white squareon the right .

You said you created a report - do you mean a Custom Report? Reports tab in PT3..?
Rather than adding your stat in the filters, just add it as a column in the report along with Hand#, etc.
Read the Docs for Custom Reports too.
WhiteRider

Postby Emeric » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Now the only thing I created is a column report. holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_r_has_position
then I tried to create a statistic called holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_r_has_position. It was wrong I guess since I made nothing about Format. I read custom reports guide and Statistics report guide and I have no idea what to type.

My intend is to create a filter to see all hands were I am BB everybody folded and SB called. So I think the idea is to use the standart filter free look BB and use at the same time the second filter created holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_r_has_position.

At that time I suppose I could paste this " holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_r_has_position " in the format expression. Not sure at all. It seems I am pasting that everywhere.
In the Format Summary Expression may be I could paste the same holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_r_has_position again ? The documentation is simply too abstract. Do the same with a complete exemple ...
May be I could

Then when this statistic will be created I will create a report, I guess the stat will be in available stats. then I click on it to put it in the report stats.
When I will be here ( I need a miracle of course ) I am not sure what I will have to do.
May be I will simply run the report or may be it is not that at all.
It is possible that I have to click on the filter button and in the " filter expression " box I will type something like "#holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_r_has_position# = 1" and now I run the report.
Emeric

Postby Emeric » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Frankly, I would like someone to do it for me . I spent few days and wasted too much time.

The documentation is simply not good. It is not like that we learn how to do.
Emeric

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:32 am

I've just set up a Column, Statistic and Report to test this, but I don't think that the database field for 'has position' is working correctly.

I'll give the walkthrough of what you need to do, though, so that you can understand how to create statistics and reports.

1. Open the configure stats window. Configure -> Configure Stats.
2. The stat we want to build relates to each hand, so choose section "Holdem Cash Hand".

Column creation
3. Click the 'Columns' tab.
4. The 'Edit Column Info' fields on the right should be empty, but if they aren't click "New".
4a. Enter a name for your new Column - the naming convention name would be "flg_f_has_position", but you can call it what you like.
5. Click "Insert" by the Expression field.
6. Select "holdem_hand_player_detail" Table Name (we want detail about how the player played a hand).
7. On the right, select "flg_f_has_position" - you can click the 'Field Name' column header to sort alphabetically.
8. Click OK.
9. Back on the configure stats window enter a Description (just some text) and click 'Save'. You now have a Column.

Stat creation
10. Click the 'Statistics' tab, again, the fields should be empty, but click New if not.
11. Enter a name for your Stat, e.g. "In Position Flop".
12. Enter a Description (just text).
13. In the Value Expression, click 'Insert'.
14. On the Columns tab, choose the column we just created - flg_f_has_position or whatever you called it.
15. Click the Format tab.
16. Enter a title (e.g. "Flop In Pos") and a width to be used in reports (e.g. 65).
17. In the Format Expression field enter..
format_bool( flg_f_has_position, 'check')
This means that the stat will be shown in reports as a checkbox, checked if true. (You can 'build' this expression by clicking Insert / Functions / Format Bool / OK, then highlighting "value" and Insert / Columns / flg_f_has_position, and changing 'format' to 'check'.)
You can leave Format Summary blank for this stat.
18. Click 'Save' then 'Apply' to store your new stat and close the config window.

Report creation
19. On the 'Texas Holdem' tab, click 'Reports' tab.
20. Set the 'Section' to 'Holdem Cash Hand'.
21. Bottom left, enter a name for your report.
22. In the Available Stats list double click 'Hand #' and then your new stat's name ("In Position Flop") to add them both to the Report.
23. You can now run the report and you should get 2 columns showing you all your hands and whether you were in position on the flop.

Problems with this Stat/Report.
I think there are problems with using Simple Filters with this stat, and also a problem with the value of the stat (or underlying database field) which I will create support tickets for.

..but hopefully this will explain how to create stats.
The best way to learn is to look at how some existing stats are constructed and adapt that to your own uses.
WhiteRider

Postby craftart2003 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:48 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for creating this step-by-step for creating a stat and report for "In Position Flop!"

You did a great job and really helped explain some of the possible functions that can be added to the program to improve a persons game.

Thank you!
craftart2003

Postby aceplayer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:03 pm

If I understand this, all you did was to create a way to display "in position flop" on a report.
This is the field from Filter,Misc,Situations,Flops,In Position.
Hopefully I understand what this discussion is about.

Anyway - the problem with that filter is that "in position flop" is only checked when there is a flop. It does not get checked when there is no flop. Therefore,
there is no way to identify hands where BB raises and SB folds. You might be able to do it using behind limpers, except that there is no way to exclude limpers who are not the SB.

So, how can I filter hands to those where all folded to SB, who called, then folded to BB raise?
Thanks
aceplayer

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:47 pm

You're correct but the original post was almost two years old - the In Position on Flop filter is significantly newer and didn't exist at the time the last post was made.

To create the filter you want for a custom report filter, add this filter:

holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand from holdem_hand_player_statistics where position = 9 and flg_steal_att)

Add another filter for flg_blind_b and filter on active player and that should get you what you want.
kraada

Postby aceplayer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks
Got it to work. But what you gave me is the SB making steal attempt.

What variables do I need to see SB call? (Or not stealing and not folding).
Thanks
aceplayer

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Oops you're right.

You want:

holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand from holdem_hand_player_statistics where position = 9 and flg_steal_opp and flg_p_limp)

That will give you times the SB could have stolen, but limped instead.
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to General [Read Only]