About PT3 terms...

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

About PT3 terms...

Postby ltdrichard » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:43 pm

"To encourage participation in our alpha/beta testing we are going to award 10 free PokerTracker 3 licenses to those alpha/beta testers who provide us the best feedback. Quantity does not necessarily mean quality. Licenses will be awarded immediately upon the final release of PokerTracker 3 and will be decided at the sole discretion of Josh and myself.

The success of PokerTracker 3 depends on feedback from you. The better feedback that you provide us the better PokerTracker 3 will be for everyone!

Best regards,

Derek"

Somehow i thougt that ereryone who was gonna help and contribute with the alpha version was gonna get PT3 for free.
So now there´s really no point for me to play on stars (wich i hate) with a software that´s far from finished....
ltdrichard

Re: About PT3 temrs...

Postby Josh » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:08 pm

I'm sorry if you got that impression. Testing is on a voluntary basis. The more you test, the better PT3 will become. We are giving away the free licenses in order to encourage participation.
Josh
Site Admin

Re: About PT3 terms...

Postby APerfect10 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:17 pm

[quoteh81]Somehow i thougt that ereryone who was gonna help and contribute with the alpha version was gonna get PT3 for free.[/quoteh81]

If you could please point me to what led you to believe this, I will certainly change the wording so that it does not lead to confusion...

Best regards,

APerfect10
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby _dave_ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:10 pm

The only way I can see people reading this wrong is in the title - If they miss the "p", it reads "To Alpha/Beta Testers: Free licenses" - other than that I can't imagine how this mistake could be made. Maybe change the Title to "Best" instead of "Top"?
_dave_

Postby APerfect10 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:48 am

I changed it to "Top 10"...
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby ltdrichard » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 am

I´m sorry, i know i´m gonna sound like a fool now but I just presumed that in exghange for valuble feedback from a smallish group of users, that really has to deicate them self and bare the faulty software and spend substansial time in corresponding about bugs and glitches, they could later obtain the PT3 for free, as "payment" for the work they´ve done.

I remeber, several years ago when online poker wasnt this big, i was invited from a friend of a friend etc etc, to test a new poker site. Simple and genorus, i was awarded $50 to play for and if i encountered any bugs, i reported them.

Anyway, hope PT3 will be great, will problably buy it but not alpha it.
ltdrichard

Postby TheProdigy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:00 am

Poker sites make a lot more than the PT3 crew :)

I have always been under the assumption that all beta testing is like volunteer work and I am happy to contribute. If PT3 helps me solve some of the leaks that have led to my losing ways then I will gladly pay the money, since the money the software can help me gain is so much more than they are getting for each registration.
TheProdigy

Postby omaha » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:49 am

Personally, i was hoping for a little something-not sure what, maybe a cut price upgrade?

Good to see something is offered, and it is results based (ie i KNOW i wont be getting one)

Pt3 personally came around at just the right time- my db has 2Milllion hands in it, and pt2 was not working at all (well, just)

Pt3 works vvvvvvv well with large dbs

I think if it wasnt for this,i prolly wouldnt really alpha it, more just give it a test run
omaha

Postby Josh » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:57 am

Seeing how most of our alpha testers gave us absolutely no feedback whatsoever, I don't think giving discounts or free copies to these people would be fair to those testers who have spent hours searching for bugs, discussing features and helping us debug issues. Those of you who have helped, we will do our best to make sure you aren't sorry for helping us.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby omaha » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 am

Fair enough.

At the end of the day, i have been screwed over by many companies, and i am happy to say that PT is not one of them.

They are a business, providing (what i believe ) to be an excellent product, and, if we dont like it, we dont have to buy it!

Just on the db size issue alone, it is a must buy for any dataminer!
omaha

Next

Return to General [Read Only]