About PT3 terms...

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: About PT3 terms...

Postby ltdrichard » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:42 am

[quote="Josh"no3]Seeing how most of our alpha testers gave us absolutely no feedback whatsoever, I don't think giving discounts or free copies to these people would be fair to those testers who have spent hours searching for bugs, discussing features and helping us debug issues. Those of you who have helped, we will do our best to make sure you aren't sorry for helping us.[/quoteno3]

I would have contributed a lot in exchange for something. You dont work for free, neither do i...
ltdrichard

Postby Josh » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:54 am

What's stopping you from trying to get the free license? We have a lot of testers, but not a lot of them are giving us good feedback.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby TheProdigy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:35 pm

How can you sign up for an alpha and then say you will only work if you get paid for it? This alpha should be worth more than that to you anyways, because it gets you familiarized with an awesome program. Not only that, you can suggest certain things to help your own game. I am suggesting a bunch of filters/etc that not only help me but they are things I think I may be leaking at, so they will improve my game immensely.

If you want to not work for free, then be "greedy." Get the stats you want and need in the program. Get the reports you need to improve your game. This will help PT3 get better but it should also pay you back for your work because of your personal game improvement.
TheProdigy

Postby Peligroso » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm seriously quite shocked after reading this thread. Some people are extremely greedy. My personal theory is that this is what might happen if you send out keys mainly to 2+2 users where many are making lots of money.

Did you forget that you volunteered for this? They were simply asking for help and this is your chance to make the program better. They never said anything that could possibly have given you the impression that you'd get free licenses if you got chosen to the alpha. This is how alpha tests work generally. You sign up to help, not to get free software. I've been testing a lot of software and it's not often that the developers even give back anything at all. Personally I'm glad and even quite honoured to contribute, and I was before the free keys were announced as well. If I do what I can to help making this a better software, I will gain tons more on it in the long run, even if I have to buy the software.

[quote="ltdrichard"enz]I would have contributed a lot in exchange for something. You dont work for free, neither do i...[/quoteenz]

Seeing as they've probably sent out about 100 keys by now and there's maybe 10-15 people actually contributing, I can't believe how you can be expecting to just sign up and get the software for free, and then leave comments like this one. Just think about it for a second, nearly 90 of the ones that have been sent keys haven't written anything at all, or have been about as helpful with their feedback as you have.

This is only speculating since the prices aren't announced but if we'd just presume that it would be same prices as PT2 and PAH they'd lose $80 on each and everyone of these people (though surely it's going to be more than that with PT3, quite rightly) that clearly haven't bothered to even try to contribute to the development, that's over $7000 that surely could find better use in the development process to make the software better. Since you're not helping.
Peligroso

Postby Dazarath » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Not to be offensive, but your OP is rather LOL. There are a ton of 2+2ers who would've killed to get into the alpha test, even if Josh and Derek had said "Hey guys, there is nothing it in for you other than the satisfaction that you'll help out with the new PT3." Personally, I was extremely excited when I found out I was chosen for the alpha test and that was even before that post was made about free copies. If you want to look at it from an EV standpoint, considering many of the players here have winrates of > $50/hour, I'm pretty damn sure the rest of us didn't sign up to spend hours testing [iolk]just[/iolk] for the sole purpose of saving $50 on a piece of tracking software.
Dazarath

Postby omaha » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:07 am

[quote="TheProdigy"cbg]How can you sign up for an alpha and then say you will only work if you get paid for it? This alpha should be worth more than that to you anyways, because it gets you familiarized with an awesome program. Not only that, you can suggest certain things to help your own game. I am suggesting a bunch of filters/etc that not only help me but they are things I think I may be leaking at, so they will improve my game immensely.

If you want to not work for free, then be "greedy." Get the stats you want and need in the program. Get the reports you need to improve your game. This will help PT3 get better but it should also pay you back for your work because of your personal game improvement.[/quotecbg]

QFT

Last reply is also similar to my feelings.

Everyone who datamines party will need to buy, and be happy to buy pt3, purely on the fact it will work with huge dbs. (and they will be pretty bloody happy they have done it as well!)
omaha

Previous

Return to General [Read Only]