Call 3Bet IP/OOP, 3Bet BB vs Steal, 3Bet SB vs Steal

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Call 3Bet IP/OOP, 3Bet BB vs Steal, 3Bet SB vs Steal

Postby parraka » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi again, i could make the last stats, Cbets OOP/IP and Float Turn in 3bet Pots.

I see the stats BB and SB faced steal, but i only want when the face is 3betting, i dont see how i can make it.
In HM this stat is available.

Is Call 3bet IP/OOP possible? I have thought in compare holdem_hand_player_statistics.position from agressor and blinds.
The problem is that position in SB is higher than BB. Do you understand what i mean? Any suggerence?
parraka

Re: Call 3Bet IP/OOP, 3Bet BB vs Steal, 3Bet SB vs Steal

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:07 pm

parraka wrote:I see the stats BB and SB faced steal, but i only want when the face is 3betting, i dont see how i can make it.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

You can check if a player is in position on the flop by using holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position which is true if the player is in absolute position, false otherwise.
kraada

Postby parraka » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Sorry but my english is not so good.

I told you if i could make a stat that count when Player open from CO, BU or SB and BB 3bet.
I had made this: BB - vs steal raise:
( cnt_p_BB_v_steal_raise / (cnt_p_BB_v_steal_fold+cnt_p_BB_v_steal_call+cnt_p_BB_v_steal_raise) ) * 100

cnt_p_BB_v_steal_raise: sum(if[lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'R%' AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 AND (holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 9
OR holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 0 OR holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 1) AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp,1,0])

cnt_p_BB_v_steal_fold: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp
AND (holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 9
OR holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 0
OR holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 1)
AND lookup_actions_p.action='F', 1, 0])

cnt_p_BB_v_steal_call: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8
AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp
AND (holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 9
OR holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 0
OR holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos = 1)
AND lookup_actions_p.action='C', 1, 0])

¿Is this correct?

I had made Call 3bet IP: (cnt_p_3bet_def_action_call_ip / cnt_p_3bet_def_opp_ip) * 100

cnt_p_3bet_def_action_call_ip: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='C'
AND holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position, 1, 0])

cnt_p_3bet_def_opp_ip: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position, 1, 0])

¿Is this correct?

And finally i had worked in a 4bet range by positions:

4bet range BU: (((cnt_steal_att_btn / cnt_steal_opp_btn) * 100) * ((cnt_r_4bet / cnt_r_4bet_opp) * 100)) / 100

¿Is this correct?

Like you can see i am working hard, i think BB vs steal raise and Call 3bet ip should work good.
I dont know if 4bet range by positions works good, i see how to calculate by positions in a forum:
(open raise from x position * 4bet PF / 100) Should it works, ¿no?

It will not count when the hand is Raised over Limpers but its the same. ¿What do you think?
parraka

Postby parraka » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:50 pm

It looks like that doesnt work 4bet range by positions always is 0. Look this:

http://img534.imageshack.us/i/4brange.jpg/

There only 4 hands, but the player 4bets in one of those. Why 4betrange is = 0 in all streets?
parraka

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 am

Firstly, if you face a steal then the raise aggressor position has to be 9, 0 or 1 so there is no need to check that.

In your expression:
(((cnt_steal_att_btn / cnt_steal_opp_btn) * 100) * ((cnt_r_4bet / cnt_r_4bet_opp) * 100)) / 100

..you are multiplying the steal% by the 4-bet% so if either is zero the result will be zero.
Can you explain exactly what this stat is supposed to indicate?
WhiteRider

Postby parraka » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:25 am

WhiteRider wrote:Firstly, if you face a steal then the raise aggressor position has to be 9, 0 or 1 so there is no need to check that.

In your expression:
(((cnt_steal_att_btn / cnt_steal_opp_btn) * 100) * ((cnt_r_4bet / cnt_r_4bet_opp) * 100)) / 100

..you are multiplying the steal% by the 4-bet% so if either is zero the result will be zero.
Can you explain exactly what this stat is supposed to indicate?

You dont resolve any of my questions. Do first and second stat work good?
I suppose that steal from button its the same that raise first in button. Is it correct? If we multiplicate our OR and our 4bet, and this we divide it between 100, we have the 4bet range for that position, it would be better if we use 4bet by position, but well, we ll need a lot of hands.

OR UTG: 10 % 4bet: 5% 4bet range utg: 10 * 5 / 100 = 0.5
OR button: 30 % 4bet: 5% 4bet range button: 30 x 5 / 100 = 1.5

Obv, if our OR or 4bet is 0, our 4bet range = 0. I see that 4bet will not 0 the until second time. We need two 4bet to know if this works correctly, ¿no?
parraka

Postby kraada » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 am

When we are defending against a steal from the big blind the following must be true: we are facing a single open raise from either the cutoff, button or small blind, and nobody else has done anything else in the hand. WhiteRider was saying that the disjunction you added for val_p_raise_aggressor_pos is unnecessary - it won't cause problems but it's just not necessary there.

I think your other math looks good, though personally I'd simplify a little bit - when you multiply by 100 and divide by 100, they cancel each other out so you end up not needing either.
kraada

Postby parraka » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:52 am

I am bad at maths and more simplifying. I am going to try 4bet vs resteal from SB or BB, ideas?
Another question, i would like to modify stats CB, i dont want that they count when the pot is 3beted, look:
Fold to Flop cbet = (cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold / cnt_f_cbet_def_opp) * 100
cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F', 1, 0])
cnt_f_cbet_def_opp = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp, 1, 0])

Fold to Flop cbet in 3bet Pot = (cnt_p_3bet_f_cbet_def_action_fold / cnt_p_3bet_f_cbet_def_opp) * 100
cnt_p_3bet_f_cbet_def_action_fold = sum(if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise > 0 AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F', 1 , 0 ])
cnt_p_3bet_f_cbet_def_opp = sum(if[ (holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet_def_opp) AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp, 1 , 0 ])

Fold to Flop cbet in NON 3bet Pot = (cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold / cnt_f_cbet_def_opp) * 100
cnt_f_cbet_def_action_fold = sum(if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise > 0 AND NOT holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F', 1 , 0 ])
cnt_f_cbet_def_opp = sum(if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp AND NOT holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp, 1 , 0 ])

Is this correct?
Last edited by parraka on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
parraka

Postby kraada » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 am

Just take it one step at a time and I'm sure you can figure it out :)
kraada

Postby parraka » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 am

Look the last post. I am not sure about 4bet vs resteal from SB and BB, My head is going to explode with so many stats, help me please with last one, i think this is the last one in my hud.
parraka

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]