Display All-in EV never worsk for PT3??

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Display All-in EV never worsk for PT3??

Postby DonkeyKong » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:49 pm

I hope someone ask about this question before. Anyway, I don't understand y there is an option to show the ALL in EV for tournament but it never works?? I couldn't do a chek mark to show my ALL-IN EV graph and showdown/NON SD winnings for my tournamets. Is pokertracker going to fix it in the near future?? because Holdem Manager has a very good graph for tournament players. :D
DonkeyKong

Re: Display All-in EV never worsk for PT3??

Postby PJs Ronin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm sure the support folks here will provide a better response, but here goes.

Make sure you're in the graph function for tournaments, then on the left side select:
Graph For : Hands Played
Winnings In : Chips

then check (activate) the 'Display All-in EV' option.

As you can see, the function does work, and works quite well in PT3.

The functionality in HM is inaccurate as it can only display EV for single table tournies, although the graph displays an EV line for all tournies. I'm sure you can appreciate how confusing this could be.
PJs Ronin

Postby DonkeyKong » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:20 am

ok, i got it, ty
DonkeyKong

Postby DonkeyKong » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:31 am

PJs Ronin wrote:I'm sure the support folks here will provide a better response, but here goes.

Make sure you're in the graph function for tournaments, then on the left side select:

The functionality in HM is inaccurate as it can only display EV for single table tournies, although the graph displays an EV line for all tournies. I'm sure you can appreciate how confusing this could be.

ok, how about get the dsiplay EV for tournies instead hands played?? I really like to have it work
DonkeyKong

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:17 am

EV for whole tournaments is significantly more complicated than for individual hands, but it is something we are working on.
WhiteRider

Postby zubs1aa » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:32 pm

PJs Ronin wrote:I'm sure the support folks here will provide a better response, but here goes.

does this show only hands you are allin on? or total hands? i think it shows all hands right? (since I have almost 11k hands for April showing in my graph)

I wish that for tournaments you could get allin EV graph showing ONLY allin hands. (And i wish i wasn't running 250bb below expectation over 11k hands, though i have no idea how many allins were involved. That should be provided.)

edit. this graph cant be correct or does this make sense:

I just ran it for the year to date showing all my hands (77k) and ran nearly 1000BB below expectation?

2010 shows me that I had 240 k tny hands running ~750bb above below expectation. again no idea how many allins were involved.

Are those in teh right realm of possibility?
zubs1aa

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Anything is possible. For a further explanation of how the calculations are made, please see the EV Graph FAQ.
kraada

Postby tarix » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:23 pm

One of the sick realities of these kind of EV graphs is that you can be +EV or -EV forever. There is no guarantee that you will encounter the exact same circumstances, in terms of BBs, that will let you get even.
tarix
Developer

Postby zubs1aa » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:50 pm

tarix wrote:One of the sick realities of these kind of EV graphs is that you can be +EV or -EV forever. There is no guarantee that you will encounter the exact same circumstances, in terms of BBs, that will let you get even.

Oh don't I know it lol. I just wondered if those sort of numbers were within the realm of expected probability. I realized I don't know though since the graph doesn't tell me how many all-ins we're looking at. I generally ran good last year, which holds true for most of the year and makes sense to me even though i ended up below expectation. This year I'm not running as well subjectively so being below expectation makes sense as well.

What I was asking about really was the order of magnitude and whether it was appropriate. I'm not a woe is me I run bad cuz the graph proves it type. I know i tend to run good :)
zubs1aa

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:17 pm

You didn't give enough information in order to make those sorts of calculations - we'd need to know how many all-ins you were involved in, and the size of all of the various pots. The really short answer though is that variance can easily be a lot bigger than you'd expect. I know it's more for cash games but playing with this simulator can really open your eyes.
kraada

Next

Return to General [Read Only]