Players on the River

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Players on the River

Postby QTip » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Good chance I'm doing something incorrectly, but wanted to see what's up.

I'm after filtering for hands in which I was playing on the river against more than one opponent.

I set:

saw river = true

player = hero

This got me hands where I was playing on the river.

Then I used the # of Players and set the # of players on the river between 2 and 10.

However, this gives me no results at all.
QTip

Re: Players on the River

Postby QTip » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:20 pm

To help pinpoint this a little more. If I just put:

Saw river and Players on River Between 3 and 10, hands from Yahatay Network show up, but not from any other site. (Merge, Stars and Tilt)
QTip

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:03 am

What version were these hands imported with?
There was a bug fixed recently where the number of players seeing each street wasn't recorded properly, which would give the issue you're seeing.
If you imported the hands in a previous version you will need to re-import into 4.01.8 to get correct data. Since this affects all hands which saw a flop it will be quicker to create a new database and import (rather than purging and re-importing to the same database).
WhiteRider

Postby QTip » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:02 pm

WhiteRider wrote:What version were these hands imported with?
There was a bug fixed recently where the number of players seeing each street wasn't recorded properly, which would give the issue you're seeing.
If you imported the hands in a previous version you will need to re-import into 4.01.8 to get correct data. Since this affects all hands which saw a flop it will be quicker to create a new database and import (rather than purging and re-importing to the same database).

Ugh...ok. 1.5 million hands takes a while ;)

I imported them with an import from a few versions ago.
QTip

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Unfortunately for fixes like this a re-import can be needed. We avoid this wherever possible, but since we're still in Beta this can happen from time to time.
WhiteRider

Postby QTip » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:31 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Unfortunately for fixes like this a re-import can be needed. We avoid this wherever possible, but since we're still in Beta this can happen from time to time.

When I go to import the old Stars hands, every hand is reported as an error. Might this be related to the recent change I noticed Stars made that PT had to adjust the import?
QTip

Postby kraada » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Our importer knows at what date cutoff to look for what kind of hand. Could you attach one of these erroring hands to a support ticket for us?
kraada

Postby QTip » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:04 pm

kraada wrote:Our importer knows at what date cutoff to look for what kind of hand. Could you attach one of these erroring hands to a support ticket for us?

Sure. Also, if I export these old hands and then use those files as the import, will they have the same problem? Wondering if I need the original hand history files or not.
QTip

Postby QTip » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:54 pm

QTip wrote:
kraada wrote:Our importer knows at what date cutoff to look for what kind of hand. Could you attach one of these erroring hands to a support ticket for us?

Sure. Also, if I export these old hands and then use those files as the import, will they have the same problem? Wondering if I need the original hand history files or not.

It works after I export them from the database and then reimport from those export files.
QTip

Postby kraada » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 am

In that case we'd definitely need the originals.
kraada

Return to PokerTracker 4