"stat" which just shows colour rather than value

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

"stat" which just shows colour rather than value

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:35 am

Is it possible to create a custom stat, which is an exact copy of a built in stat, but rather than display the numeric value, uses the colour range functionality to just a color "blob" of some sort.

I am wondering if it possible for space saving reasons to have some traffic light system for some stats, for normal operation there is simply a colour blob on display and then I can click on them to get a detailed pop-up if I want.

For instance fold to steal. Really I don't particularly care if a villain folds 66% or 69% to a BTN steal, rather I want a signal that it is a good opportunity to attempt it as standard. Then if I do require further info on how villain likes to react, I can click my colour blob to get the details.
oracle3001

Re: "stat" which just shows colour rather than value

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 am

There isn't a good way to do that that I'm aware of, though you could play with formatting expressions, unicode characters and color ranges and that may work for you.

This kind of thinking is exactly why in my HUD I display the colors of other stats on the table so that I can use that kind of effect to double my display space while keeping my on table footprint at a minimum.
kraada

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:11 am

I presume you mean altering Format Type:- Expression.... from the standard /*.2f

Could you give a quick bit of info on using unicode as can't see anything on it.
oracle3001

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:25 am

I have had a thought...

Using the same idea as the text fudge...having a stat that has value expression: format() then using the colors options to control the "colourization".

So I have a stat with value expression as

format('n')...font set to webdings

and set up colors such as

#fold to steal# > 80 -> color = green

However, when I start up the filled circle shows up as n refers to that webding, but not in the color. Am I forgetting to do something?
oracle3001

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am

I have Format Type set to none.

I bit of playing about I have managed to get colours to show up by changing this, but then I get extra characters showing up.

I think there is a solution here somewhere, I think it is just what to set the format type to.
oracle3001

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:37 am

Finally got it working.

It appears there is a mini bug.

I had to readd the stat in the HUD, otherwise for whatever reason the various changes I was making to the underlying stat wasn't been updated (despite a HUD restart etc).
oracle3001

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 am

Sometimes stats aren't reloaded without a full PT4 restart - I'm glad to hear you got it working though!

Would you mind posting a screenshot (and possibly uploading the stat for us)?
kraada

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 am

The stat is literally just

format('n')

and then obviously the colour ranges are stat dependent.

Then finally one selects webdings font in item properties.

HUD buttons 2.jpg
HUD buttons 2.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 2773 times

I haven't finished messing around here, but you will be able to see from the example what I am trying to achieve. The grey bar is a combo of text and coloured blobs, both of which act as buttons to pop-ups (as shown in picture).
oracle3001

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 pm

I have one final question.

Given the stat is just format('n') and that the colour coding is linked to a pre-existing stat.

What would happen if I was to attempt to use "position" in the Item Properties for the HUD display of said stat?

Would it be meaningless because the position would be filtering for effectively what is an empty stat. Or would it correctly filter the code that is being used to determine colour coding i.e #Att To Steal# > 80 as well and thus work correctly??
oracle3001

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:58 pm

I like this for same reasons. Gonna give it a try soon.

Thanks for posting it.
pt4pt4pt4

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles