PS HH Importing from file

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PS HH Importing from file

Postby BannedOak » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Hello,

I play SnG 9men Hyperturbo at Pokerstars, sometimes using my laptop, sometimes using my tablet.
When I play using my laptop, hands are imported regularly.
When I play using my tablet, when I finish my tournament I request the hand history of the tournament and I receive it in my e-mail inbox.
I copy a part of that e-mail, the part that contains the hand history and I paste it in the Notepad .txt file.
Then I try to import it as the file and PT4 recognize hands but doesn't import saying that they are the error hands.
What am I doing wrong?

I included one hh as the attachment...
Thanks
BannedOak

Re: PS HH Importing from file

Postby kraada » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:55 pm

I've removed the hand history file to protect your privacy. The carriage returns seem to be in the wrong place and I suspect that's what's the problem.

Have you tried using our Import from Email function? It might work well for you and save you some trouble.
kraada

Postby BannedOak » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Are you saying that import from text is not working?
I don't like importing from e-mail since my Stars account is registered with my job e-mail address and I can't access it through the PT4 setup since the job e-mail server is protected.
I forward the poker hh emails to my private e-mail address and copy/paste the HH into the text file.
What can be done?
BannedOak

Postby PeteX » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Haven't checked if it works, but can't you just forward the Stars HH email from your job email to your private email and then import it to PT4 from the private email?
PeteX

Postby BannedOak » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

PeteX wrote:Haven't checked if it works, but can't you just forward the Stars HH email from your job email to your private email and then import it to PT4 from the private email?

Hi, I have just tried it, but works even worse. I select the e-mail to import, importing starts, but none of the hands are imported, properly or as an error, none. When I click the button Stop getting hands, it becomes disabled (grey) and cannot start any of the importing types, and need to restart the PT4.
BannedOak

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:56 am

It sounds like one or other of your email servers is splitting up the longer lines in the email (although I didn't see your history, from kraada's post that's what it sounds like) so you will need to make sure they're configured not to do that.
Couldn't you switch the email configured with PokerStars to your home email so that they go there directly?
WhiteRider

Postby BannedOak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Hello,

this seems not to be the problem of e-mail server since the same problem is when I import from pop3 or through the file.
I compared the original HH file that is saved locally at my computer and the file that I receive through e-mail.
There are some differences between those two. Here is a header of the hand saved locally:

PokerStars Hand #102382810205: Tournament #770562526, $1.39+$0.11 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2013/08/06 13:48:01 CET [2013/08/06 7:48:01 ET]
Table '770562526 1' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: sky_king001 (500 in chips)
Seat 2: swytersoft (500 in chips)
Seat 3: DirtyPhoenix (500 in chips)
Seat 4: Kozylek (500 in chips)
Seat 5: Don Schifti (500 in chips)
Seat 6: Banko Dean (500 in chips)
Seat 7: iqisssq (500 in chips)
Seat 8: unsynkeyes (500 in chips)
Seat 9: AleksS69 (500 in chips)

and here is the same hand header received via e-mail:

PokerStars Hand #102382810205: Tournament #770562526, $1.39+$0.11 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2013/08/06 13:48:01 CET [2013/08/06 7:48:01 ET] Table '770562526 1' 9-max Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: sky_king001 (500 in chips) Seat 2: swytersoft (500 in chips) Seat 3: DirtyPhoenix (500 in chips) Seat 4: Kozylek (500 in chips) Seat 5: Don Schifti (500 in chips) Seat 6: Banko Dean (500 in chips) Seat 7: iqisssq (500 in chips) Seat 8: unsynkeyes (500 in chips) Seat 9: AleksS69 (500 in chips)

You can notice that Seat positions are truncated as the new lines in the original HH, and not truncated (forming one line) in the emailed HH. The same applies to the seats report after the hand is played.
When I arrange the emailed HH to correspond exactly to the format used in to locally saved HH, the "import from file" works perfectly.

Therefore, I expect the PT4 programmers-technicians to solve this difference so it all works automatically.

Regards,
BannedOak

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 pm

It should work if you use our Import from Email function - do you get errors when doing it that way? We cannot anticipate all possible ways which the file may not have proper carriage returns in the normal import process, it would simply slow things down for everyone too much, if it were even possible at all. What is an easy thing for you to see and fix is a lot harder to write programmatically.
kraada

Postby BannedOak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:08 pm

kraada wrote:It should work if you use our Import from Email function - do you get errors when doing it that way? We cannot anticipate all possible ways which the file may not have proper carriage returns in the normal import process, it would simply slow things down for everyone too much, if it were even possible at all. What is an easy thing for you to see and fix is a lot harder to write programmatically.

Yes, what I wrote in my previous post is a result of importing the HH via pop3 email.
I am sure that programmers who are able to do such a marvelous piece of a software like PT4 are able to solve these carriage returns (new lines, enters).
I'm just wondering if someone imports the sng9 hh's over pop3 and works fine without problems that I encounter.

Regards,
BannedOak

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:30 pm

We do not have any known issues with the Import from Email options like you are describing; those issues only occur when manually copying and pasting into a text file from the email contents.

If these problems are happening to you with the Import from Email button, please restart PT4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file - that will help us figure out what is going on here and get it fixed for you. You can find that file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 window - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in that folder. Then we will be able to investigate what we can do to to improve this area of functionality.
kraada

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4