Tournament Bust out hands or last hand tournament

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Tournament Bust out hands or last hand tournament

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:50 pm

PJs Ronin wrote:
pt4pt4pt4 wrote:I use this in the expression filter for my report:

Code: Select all
- amt_won - amt_chips = 0

Now you can customize the games with quick filters, so if you play SNGs and Satellite / MTT Rebuys, have a quick filter for the SNG description. Also have a OR for the Rebuy flag description, but include greater then for the the blind level after the Rebuys/addons are over.

That doesn't acount for rebuys where it will list multiple busto hands hands in the same rebuy MTT. Dutch only wants the last hand.

Just to clear up what I was saying, I include a Blind Filter (Blinds greater than or equal to 1200) that would only detect busted hands AFTER the Rebuy / Addon period is over. This way there would be no way of displaying the busted rebuys (unless you quit the Rebuy before the Addon period ,which I doubt for Dutch).

My solution is the "Three Stooges meet SQL" method and Bill's is "Stephen Hawkings narrates on the existence of Black Holes and Postgres".

:)
pt4pt4pt4

Postby BillGatesIII » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 pm

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:My solution is the "Three Stooges meet SQL" method and Bill's is "Stephen Hawkings narrates on the existence of Black Holes and Postgres".

:)

:mrgreen:
BillGatesIII

Postby PJs Ronin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:01 pm

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:My solution is the "Three Stooges meet SQL" method and Bill's is "Stephen Hawkings narrates on the existence of Black Holes and Postgres".

Late contender for POTY. :mrgreen:

BillGatesIII wrote:First of all, PJs Ronin, your comments make me smile :) Secondly, this post is going to be much longer than I thought it would be.

Ty, and nice of you to drop in and show us mere mortals how far off track we were. Elegant solution to the problem btw. :)
PJs Ronin

Postby PJs Ronin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:13 pm

BillGatesIII wrote:Anyway, getting back to the original question, I think this expression will work.
Code: Select all
exists (
  select 1
  from (
    select ths.id_tourney, max(ths.date_played) over (partition by ths.id_tourney) last_played
    from tourney_hand_summary ths) as ths_hands
  where tourney_hand_summary.date_played = ths_hands.last_played
  and tourney_hand_summary.id_tourney = ths_hands.id_tourney)

If you put this into an Expression Filter, you'll get every last hand played of a tourney.

Bill... assume for one moment that I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing (difficult, no?). What sort of report, and how would I get that expression in to it, would I need.
PJs Ronin

Postby BillGatesIII » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:01 am

You know what you're doing :)

Go to the My Reports tab, create a new Hand Report and put the code in the Expression Filter (click the blue underlined Filters link, click Add New Expression Filter, paste the code in the Filter Expression field, click Save and click OK).
BillGatesIII

Postby PJs Ronin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 pm

I swear to the Higgs Boson, I did that yesterday and got nothing! No wonder I drink.

ty Sir.

Edit: I'm still getting a couple of 'folded preflop' hands showing even with the simple filter "player lost hand".
PJs Ronin

Postby Dutchraise72 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:31 pm

That's because you are probably still in a tournament ;) Or its a satellite where you won a seat and folded the last hand.
Dutchraise72

Postby PJs Ronin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Dutchraise72 wrote:That's because you are probably still in a tournament ;) Or its a satellite where you won a seat and folded the last hand.

Nope and Nope.

Just a thought. A while ago I exported hands from my (then) current database and reimported them in this database. During the process I noticed that PT4 exported the hands in (I think) 500 hand blocks per file. I'm wondering if during that export process hands were saved out of sequence and reimported as such? As per your:
How sweet. The column id_hand is not in the same order the hands were played. It seems like if you import hands manually, they are imported from last to first.
PJs Ronin

Postby BillGatesIII » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 am

Interesting. The id_hand order is fixed in the expression by using date_played. I can look into it tonight, will need (original) handhistories of a tourney displaying the wrong bust out hand.
BillGatesIII

Postby PJs Ronin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:19 am

Bill... delete reference.

I went back into the tournies (3) that had a "folded preflop" tag for busto hand and at a guess I'd say I had puter probs that terminated the session and that I didn't get back to the game.
PJs Ronin

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles