table session duration question

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

table session duration question

Postby daniguru » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi
if i want to know how i run "if i only play 30 min sessions" then does the filter "table session duration" set from 0 - 0.5 really shows me what i want?

i ask because if i filter this way i get other results in terms of money i won which is great but there are still some lenght of sessions listed that are more than 30min.
i mean if i click "Statistics" and "Advanced" and "by Sessions"...i see those columns below: "Session Start" , "Lenght" , "Table Session", "Hands" etc...
and like i said on the column "Lenghth" i see values over 30 min...therefore i am a bit confused.

thanks a lot!
daniel
daniguru

Re: table session duration question

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:43 am

A "Session" is made up of multiple "Table Sessions" played at similar times - any hands played less then half an hour apart are part of the same "Session".
For example if you played one table for 25 minutes then sat out for 10 minutes and then played a different table for 25 minutes that would be two table sessions of 25 minutes each, but one session of 60 minutes. You may want to check the "By Table Session" report, instead of "By Session", depending on exactly what you want to see.
WhiteRider

Postby daniguru » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:03 am

Hi whiterider
Ok i see many thanks...
But am i right about when i use the filter table duration and set it to 30 min
It then really filters for sessions where i only played 30 min and then i did leave or sit out the table right?

Many thanks again

Daniel
daniguru

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Right - the table session duration filter is only for tables; it doesn't filter sessions. If you played like my example above then a filter for 30 minutes or less would include both tables.
WhiteRider

Postby daniguru » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Ok i see
And for sessions instead of tables is there a similar filter too?

May i ask another question?
If i want to see how i was running dependant on the player per flop%
Is this somehow possible? Cause on micros i feel like i am running better
on tighter tables than on the more fishier once...

Thanks again very much

Daniel
daniguru

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:25 pm

No, there isn't a similar filter for session lengths - that is more complex to do.

There isn't a filter for the average number of players per flop, but you can add "Number of players saw flop (Cash/Player)" which is available in the Download Warehouse to see the numbers in a table session report, and sort the report by that to get a feel for your results for example.
WhiteRider

Postby daniguru » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:03 pm

cool now everything is clear for me.
many thank again for the great support

daniel
daniguru

Postby daniguru » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:43 pm

sorry to come back again to this question.
hope its ok to ask one last thing:-)?
lets say i am playing breakeven...but when i filter for table duration and set it to 30 min and see that i am winning huge does this mean i should only play 30min sessions and then no rejoining the same table again?
i was not playing sessions longer then 30minutes but often i was rejoining the same table 15 minutes later or so and i guess therefore i have sessions that counted more then 30 minutes?
many many thanks again!
dani
daniguru

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:08 pm

PokerTracker 4 counts it as a new session when there is a break of more than 30 minutes so if you start playing again before this time then that would count as the same session.
Flag_Hippo

Postby daniguru » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:25 pm

ah ok so when i filter for "30minutes table session duration" that means i was 30 min at this table and as soon as i left it i was surely 30 minutes not rejoining that table again right?

there is no session tab or stat that i could use that does count a new session even when i rejoin the same table before those 30 minutes ?
many thanks:-)
daniguru

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4