Report grouped by hand ranges

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Report grouped by hand ranges

Postby callmydame » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:55 am

Is it possible to make a report where each row consists of stats and result for a specified range of hands.

Example:

Hand type | stats and results
------------------------------------
High pp's | bunch of stats and results
suited connectors | bunch of stats and results
etc

So I would like to define Hand type in this table freely. It is a hand range I have assigned as I want to.

With filters I know how to make one individual report for each range, but would like a report of all hands grouped by ranges I define.
callmydame

Re: Report grouped by hand ranges

Postby kraada » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 am

You'd need to do this with a custom statistic. It can be done but it's a bit complicated. See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PT3 but the techniques all apply to PT4, the interface is just slightly different. Then you'll also want to look at how the Preflop Bet Size stat is built -- you'll want to do something similar but grouping instead by the id_holecards value. The id_holecards values work like so: AA=1
AKs=2
AKo=3
AQs=4
A2o=25
KK=26
KQs=27, KQo = 28, .. K2o=48
QQ=49, JJ=70, TT=89, 99=106, 88=121, 77=134, 66=145, 55=154, 44=161, 33=166, 22=169
kraada

Postby AARominusAA » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey guys !

I'm trying to do exactly the same thing. I started to create the column as kraada kindly suggested.
I'm an SQL total noob, but I guessed I could use the IN expression to test if the id_holecard is in a group of value.
For example, if I want to make a group of cards including AA KK QQ JJ ans TT, I figured out I had to write the following expression :

Code: Select all
if (tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard IN [1,26,49,70,89] , 1, 0)

But this is not a valid SQL expression, and I can't figure out what the valid form is, even with the doc here :oops: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/functions-comparisons.html#AEN15466

If anybody could point out my mistake, I would be gratefull :P
AARominusAA

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:13 pm

Our parser has issues with commas and square brackets - it should work if you test them one at a time, e.g (tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 1 or tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 26 or ....)
kraada

Postby AARominusAA » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Oh ok thanks.

I'll have to write a loooonnnnng query then :roll:

Is that parser problem supposed to be fixed soon ?
AARominusAA

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:47 pm

The issue is with the use of if[] if you don't use the if[] statement, you should be able to use IN.
kraada

Postby AARominusAA » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:37 am

Hey guys,

So, I wanted to create a report similar to one HM2 users have, and I finally did, listing every hands like kraada suggested.
I join the stat to that post, so you can compare your stats with a friend using HM2 :)

Here's how the resulting report looks like :

If you guys wanna build your own hand groups, the following image might help. It just indicates the id_holecard that you'll need to make your groups (the colors used correspond to the groups I did).

I hope this will help some of you ;)
Attachments
hand_type.rar
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
AARominusAA

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles