New update problem

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

New update problem

Postby fidel13 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 pm

I have the tracker and I have it in win and iMac. I updated in Mac today but database is having problem. It says unable to login to database (postgres). It also says configure defaults and when I click it I can't connect and it don't let me to make a new. Please help. I have done a print screen.
Thank you.

Best regards
Spiros
fidel13

Re: New update problem

Postby fidel13 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm

print scree
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 00.56.15.png
fidel13

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:17 am

Did you upgrade to Sierra? What PostgreSQL version are you running? Please do this:

1. Confirm where your PostgreSQL is, probably here:

/Library/PostgreSQL/x.y

"x.y" will be two numbers such as "8.4", "9.0", etc.

2. Open a terminal, probably in "Utilities". In the terminal window copy/paste this:

sudo rm /Library/PostgreSQL/x.y/data/postmaster.pid

Substitute the "x.y" in that command with the numbers you noted in #1.

You want to delete "postmaster.pid" so answer "y" if the command finds it.

3. Next reboot and try PokerTracker 4 again.
Flag_Hippo

Postby fidel13 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:30 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Did you upgrade to Sierra? What PostgreSQL version are you running? Please do this:

1. Confirm where your PostgreSQL is, probably here:

/Library/PostgreSQL/x.y

"x.y" will be two numbers such as "8.4", "9.0", etc.

2. Open a terminal, probably in "Utilities". In the terminal window copy/paste this:

sudo rm /Library/PostgreSQL/x.y/data/postmaster.pid

Substitute the "x.y" in that command with the numbers you noted in #1.

You want to delete "postmaster.pid" so answer "y" if the command finds it.

3. Next reboot and try PokerTracker 4 again.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 17.28.53.png
fidel13

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:05 am

Can you tell us what update you did on your Mac? Did you update the OS version to Sierra for example, or was it just a smaller update?
We've seen some cases of OS updates causing problems with PostgreSQL installations so it's possible you'll need to reinstall PostgreSQL (this shouldn't affect your databases as they're stored separately from the app installation).
Do you see a PostgreSQL 8.4 (or whatever version you're using) in the Applications folder?
WhiteRider

Postby fidel13 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:41 am

WhiteRider wrote:Can you tell us what update you did on your Mac? Did you update the OS version to Sierra for example, or was it just a smaller update?
We've seen some cases of OS updates causing problems with PostgreSQL installations so it's possible you'll need to reinstall PostgreSQL (this shouldn't affect your databases as they're stored separately from the app installation).
Do you see a PostgreSQL 8.4 (or whatever version you're using) in the Applications folder?

First of all, i couldn't write it to you because i was in a hurry to fix the problem. Yes, i have done update the Sierra. Second, the database there is on application folder and it shows to me the following "command not found". If i need to reinstall it, please tell me how. I don't care about the database. I only care to fix this problem. Third and last, i have the other poker tracker and i have win on that and it's ok. I can take the database from my laptop. I don't know how i can do that but this is another issue. Now my big problem is to help me fix my iMac.
Thanks mate!

Best regards
Spyros
fidel13

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:25 am

If you need to reinstall PostgreSQL you can do so as described in this guide.

If you have a database you want to transfer from another computer check out the Tutorial: Backup and Restore too - this works cross-platform.
WhiteRider

Postby fidel13 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:59 pm

WhiteRider wrote:If you need to reinstall PostgreSQL you can do so as described in this guide.

If you have a database you want to transfer from another computer check out the Tutorial: Backup and Restore too - this works cross-platform.

Thank you very much! I've deleted the data base and I restored it from my laptop.

Best regards
Spyros
fidel13

Return to PT4 for macOS