postgre issues cant solve it

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

postgre issues cant solve it

Postby cardistryart » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:32 am

hello yesterday i bought myself new laptop win10 and tried to install pt4. cant install postgresql at all tried firewalls even downloaded norton antivirus

error is as follows
unable to create PostgreSQL database PT4 database
Reason> Unable to login to database (template1). Reason. couldnt connect to server Connection refuse
(0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepring TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
cardistryart

Re: postgre issues cant solve it

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:13 am

Please follow this guide to get PostgreSQL installed and if it does not install successfully go to:

C:\Users\SOME_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called "install-postgresql.log", "initdb.log" or something with "bitrock", "postgresql" or "postgres" in the name - please send us that file in a Support Ticket (if you do not see the AppData folder in Windows then refer to this guide).
Flag_Hippo

Postby cardistryart » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:27 am

I have tried to do so and I havve found those folders but they are empty (there were 2 folders postgre 9.3 and 9.6)

Also I tried to install new data base and while selecting directory I have got following error : An existing data directory has been selected but it is neither empry, or a recognisable data directory
cardistryart

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:39 am

Go to your control panel and uninstall all versions of PostgreSQL, delete any PostgreSQL folders that are left behind and reboot your computer. Next follow this guide again to get PostgreSQL v9.3 installed (v9.6 is not supported) using the suggested defaults for the install and the data folder. If you do not receive confirmation that the PostgreSQL install was successful go to this location:

C:\Users\SOME_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called "install-postgresql.log", "initdb.log" or something with "bitrock", "postgresql" or "postgres" in the name - please send us that file in a Support Ticket where a support technician can assist you in getting things going (if you do not see the AppData folder in Windows File Explorer then refer to this guide).
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4