What makes NoteCaddy useful doesn't seem to work :(

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

What makes NoteCaddy useful doesn't seem to work :(

Postby rogorz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 am

Hey!

• I installed NoteCaddy yesterday, and it took about 8 hours to create the notes for the 700k hands, is it supposed to take that long? I vacuumed the database several times during the process as it was slowing down, but it still seems really slow (using 3 to 4 threads). It would be a nice addition to be able to tell NoteCaddy to ignore hands older than 6 months or something like that, I don't really need notes on the hands I played long ago and it would speed up the process.
  • I activated the Ultimate Pack "NCE Ultimate Holdem" and I am using the "Edge--BlackPopups" HUD, but the HUD doesn't show any badges/notes/graphs. Example :
    No badges at the bottom.

No notes or graphs at the bottom of the cbet stat.

But if I search the player in NoteCaddy I can see he definitely has badges :

Am I supposed to activate something else for everything to show properly?

Thanks!
rogorz

Re: What makes NoteCaddy useful doesn't seem to work :(

Postby SretiCentV » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 am

> It would be a nice addition to be able to tell NoteCaddy to ignore hands older than 6 months or something like that

You can go to file->filters and there is an option to set a minimum date

> the HUD doesn't show any badges/notes/graphs

Is this a PokerStars player. Unfortunately they have rules that say no auto badges or graphs. NC can't distinguish between replayer and live tables with PT4 so they can't be shown there either for now.

You can add the stat NC.PlayerTags to your HUD which would allow you to manually tag players. Obviously not as good as auto tags but definitely some people like this feature. You may also find that the express definitions (file->new->express definition) allow you to create custom stats very easily

The notes themselves should have appeared at the bottom although without graphs. I have tried to replicate this but have not been able to yet. If you open the popup a second time after a few moments do they then appear?
SretiCentV
Third Party App Developer

Postby rogorz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 am

SretiCentV wrote:> It would be a nice addition to be able to tell NoteCaddy to ignore hands older than 6 months or something like that

You can go to file->filters and there is an option to set a minimum date

Hahaha, of course it's in the only menu I didn't open :P I guess I'll know for next time.

SretiCentV wrote:The notes themselves should have appeared at the bottom although without graphs. I have tried to replicate this but have not been able to yet. If you open the popup a second time after a few moments do they then appear?

No, they do not. The blank space is wider while the stats are loading:

But once it's loaded, I have what I have shown in my first post, even if I close/open the HUD several times.

I tried adding one of the notes to my own HUD:

but it doesn't work either (it just shows a white line) :
rogorz

Postby SretiCentV » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:18 am

Are these your stats you're looking at or one of your opponents? By default NC does not take notes on the hero. You can change this at file->settings->note settings. I'm not sure if we're still looking at the same guy from the your question about badges. If it's not the same guy do you see notes in his player history?

There will be a new version released on Monday or sooner that has several optimizations made for the PT4 database so if you need to reset notes to include hero I promise it will take less time
SretiCentV

Postby rogorz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:33 am

SretiCentV wrote:Are these your stats you're looking at or one of your opponents? By default NC does not take notes on the hero. You can change this at file->settings->note settings. I'm not sure if we're still looking at the same guy from the your question about badges. If it's not the same guy do you see notes in his player history?

I'm still looking at the same opponent, not my stats.
He has a lot of notes in the player history including the one I've added to my HUD :

SretiCentV wrote:There will be a new version released on Monday or sooner that has several optimizations made for the PT4 database so if you need to reset notes to include hero I promise it will take less time

Yeah, if you have no other idea I guess I'll just wait for the update and reset everything. Hopefully that fixes everything :P
rogorz

Postby SretiCentV » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 pm

The log files give a pretty good overview of how information is passed back and forth between the two programs. It looks like PT is getting some info from NC but missing the notes which are more complicated to create and transfer than just the stats. If you can submit them https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... bug-report it would be very helpful for us to diagnose and remedy this. I very much appreciate your detailed descriptions with screenshots so far and wish I could have remedied this already
SretiCentV

Return to NoteCaddy