Backing up databases

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Backing up databases

Postby Smoky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 pm

I have been using Poker Tracker fore years, dating back to the Poker Tracker 3 era. But I know very little about database management. I was concerned that the new release cautioned us to back up our databases in case we ever had to go back to a previous version. What is the simplest way to save a backup database to an external drive?

Thanks for any help here

Smoky
Smoky

Re: Backing up databases

Postby Smoky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:33 pm

OK. Answered my own question. In the support area there is a section on how to backup and restore. It worked perfectly. Not sure what the implication is of the optional backup of processed imports are but I included them because they looked important. Everything is working fine and I am back here using the new 4.15. - Smoky
Smoky

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:23 am

Smoky wrote:Not sure what the implication is of the optional backup of processed imports are but I included them because they looked important.

'Processed Hands' are all the original copies of hand histories PokerTracker 4 has been archiving for you so there is no harm in including those in a backup since you can always exclude them from being restored if you do not need them by removing the 'Processed Hands' check mark when running any restore process.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Smoky » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 am

Flag_Hippo,

Thanks for your answer.

However, being the dumb person that I am, I am still not sure what archiving processed hands really means. If I do not restore them, does this mean I lose the capability to go back and replay or otherwise use my record of previous hands?

Smoky
Smoky

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Processed hands are the original hand history files provided by your poker site and these are not required to backup/restore the information that has already been imported into a database. Processed hands are typically only needed should you ever want to import them again to another database.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4