Make an expression the inactive player

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Make an expression the inactive player

Postby Jackntigger » Tue May 15, 2018 2:57 am

Hi,
I have a stat called LFI ( limp first In ). I would like to test my information against all players who meet the criteria - #LFI# > 5. If I make #LFI# > 5 an expression filter, then these players become the active player and I can't test vs them. Is there a way to make all players who meet this criteria the inactive player?
Here's a specific example of what I'd like to accomplish: I would like to make myself the sb and find out what hole cards earn > 50bb/100 vs all players who meet the criteria #LFI# > 5 when I raise first in. Is this possible?
Thanks
Jackntigger

Re: Make an expression the inactive player

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 am

Jackntigger wrote:I would like to make myself the sb and find out what hole cards earn > 50bb/100 vs all players who meet the criteria #LFI# > 5 when I raise first in. Is this possible?

When you 'Raise First In' this means that nobody has limped since you are opening the pot for a raise. Are you sure this is what you want (open raising vs BB only) or do you want only hands you 2Bet from the SB facing limpers (not raising first in)?
Flag_Hippo

Postby Jackntigger » Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Hmm, What I was hoping to do is create an alias of all players that limp first in greater than 5 percent of the time and then run some tests using myself as the active player and this group as the inactive player.
Jackntigger

Postby Jackntigger » Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm

I'll rephrase. Suppose 5000 out of 15000 players in my database have a habit of limping first in. I would like to see situations where hero is playing just those 5000 ( whether they open limp or not ). So for example, if I'm facing a rare open raise from one of them, I'd like to see how my 3bets performed vs them, etcetera.
Jackntigger

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 am

Filtering your hands based on other players statistics will require a subquery like this (note that limping first in is not a default stat so if your custom column names are different from my example you will need to change them accordingly in the expression):

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (select chps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics chps, cash_custom_cache cc where chps.id_player = cc.id_player group by chps.id_hand, chps.id_player having ((((sum(cc.cnt_p_limp_open) / (sum(cc.cnt_p_limp_open_opp)))) > .20))) and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet

This expression will return hands where at least one player with an open limp of greater than 20% was at the table and you 3bet although it won't necessarily mean that this particular opponent was the one you made the 3Bet against. For more information on how select works see this guide and there is further discussion on this topic here and here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Jackntigger » Fri May 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Thank you. Is there any way to specify that ALL remaining players, not just at least one, who meet the qualification LFI > 5 are seated at the table when - cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet ?
Jackntigger

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat May 19, 2018 8:03 am

Unfortunately I don't know how to or if it is even feasible to build the query in that way.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Jackntigger » Sat May 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Ok, thank you for everything.
Jackntigger

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles