Fairness color ranges for HUD stats

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fairness color ranges for HUD stats

Postby Kondrat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi

Please, implement subj, explanation below.

For now, most of HUD stats are percentage for {times player did smth} divided by {times player had opportunity to do it}, while some are {times player did smth} divided by {times player did opposite}. Bluntly, stat's fairness can be estimated considering number of opportunities for percentage stats and sum of actions for factor stats. One can easily see or calculate right number from simple HUD's data, but it gets more complicated when time pressures, especially for popup groups. Zoom is the main concern, as to be involved in more hands one fastfolds and sees (and his PokerTracker, too :) ) more folds for each player and less actions. I think and hope, PT doesn't record any exact info for unseen actions, but maybe increases hands counter only, the smartest at first glance, please.do clarify exact behavior. 'vs Hero' and other rare-action stats are also to be considered in respect with fairness. Anyway, an opportunity for a player to set fairness coloring really improves visual reception, particularly keeping in mind almost nobody uses color ranges in real play with rare exceptions (I've seen only 'Total hands' colored in several players' HUDs, for - could you imagine :D - fairness consideration purposes). So I think players of every skill would support this feature implementation.

Regards (and hopes :D )

Kondrat
Kondrat

Re: Fairness color ranges for HUD stats

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:33 am

Kondrat wrote:Zoom is the main concern, as to be involved in more hands one fastfolds and sees (and his PokerTracker, too :) ) more folds for each player and less actions. I think and hope, PT doesn't record any exact info for unseen actions, but maybe increases hands counter only, the smartest at first glance, please.do clarify exact behavior. 'vs Hero' and other rare-action stats are also to be considered in respect with fairness.

I am not sure exactly what you mean but a Zoom hand in PokerTracker 4 is basically no different from a regular hand. When you fast fold in a Zoom game PokerStars still writes the complete hand history when the hand is finished by all players at the table therefore all actions are known to PokerTracker 4 for calculation of stats.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kondrat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:PokerStars still writes the complete hand history when the hand is finished by all players at the table therefore all actions are known to PokerTracker 4 for calculation of stats.

Watching stats update, I was sure it skips fastfolds. I played Zoom MTT just before feature request, noticed my (Hero) stats updated only when I do smth except fastfold, with hands counter increment delayed. I thought it was not correct skipping unseen hands. Probably there's some issue with Zoom grabbing as I played on my Win10 tablet, but for other MTTs it works nicely (quite powerful one). I archive hands history so checked, you are right, indeed. I'll try to detect the exact behavior next time I play on tablet and compare it with PC.

But anyway, looks really handy to have HUD stat coloring option based on user-defined 'fairness' (or maybe any other?) value, which is, for most of stat types, quite relevant with parameters I've suggested. Coloring a stat based on a user-defined column/variable sounds even better, but maybe harder (or just takes longer?) to implement than switching between stat value and 'fairness' with checkbox.

Please, consider any of the above options to implement as it really improves multitabling. I am sure, many players would like to get the feature. Idk if you can poll opinions for the consideration, and idk which more important features are queued for development, but hope my suggestion would be at least discussed by Max Value team :ugeek:

Regards

Kondrat
Kondrat

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 am

Kondrat wrote:Watching stats update, I was sure it skips fastfolds. I played Zoom MTT just before feature request, noticed my (Hero) stats updated only when I do smth except fastfold, with hands counter increment delayed.

When you fast fold the hand does not end immediately - the other players are still playing. The hand is not saved, and is therefore not imported into PT4 (and therefore doesn't affect your stats), until it completes.
WhiteRider

Postby Kondrat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 am

WhiteRider, thank you for clearing and reminding of "check & think before": I should have solved the puzzle myself :oops:
Kondrat

Return to PT4 Feature Requests