I think PT4 have tracked me the EV wrongly

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

I think PT4 have tracked me the EV wrongly

Postby Infiesta » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Fisrt of all let me explain you the hand and you will see that the situation that I am trying to explain it's easier to understund that it seems.

I was playing a normal session and at the very lasts hands before I close tables, I went all-in in a hand of a cash game.

It was a 3 way pot, with a short stack and another guy who is deep stacked like me.

On the flop the shorstack goes all-in and the other guy calls, after that I decide to go all-in with the nuts (flopped straight). Now the action is back the guy who is deep, and finally decides to fold laying down on the pot a nice amount of dead money.

So I end up all-in against the shorstack in a pot of around 210€ (70€ from the shorstack all-in + 70€ of dead money of the guy who end up folding and 70€ of mine). We show our hands and the shorstack have a Flush Draw, so I am favorite around 65%.

I end up loosing the hand, wich is totally OK, but then I refresh the PT4 and my surprise is that I have lost EV so I thought that must be wrong since I have end up all-in being favorite in a huge pot with a huge dead money, so there is no way I have to drop the EV of my graph.

Looking about the numbers, it is clear that PT4 have tracked something wrong because if you look the graph you will see how after the hand I loose exactly 70€ of EV and (wich is worng) and ofc 70€ of net winnings (wich is right).

What do you think about this? I am worried to be working with a software that doesnt track well at all some hands, and that could hurt me so much since I am relying on PT4 to check and analyse my database in order to find leaks and it could be giving me wrong information about winrates and stuff.

I will upload a couple of screenshots so you can see better what's going on.
Attachments
EV3.png
EV2.png
EV1.png
Infiesta

Re: I think PT4 have tracked me the EV wrongly

Postby Infiesta » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Since I can only upload 3 screenshots per post, Im going to reply again with 3 more:
Attachments
ALLIN3.png
ALLIN1.png
EV4.png
Infiesta

Re: I think PT4 have tracked me the EV wrongly

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:22 am

All-in adjusted equity is not calculated in hands like this where a player calls an all-in and then subsequently folds. If adjusted results were calculated only when no-one folds, that will mean that this will be for hands where the players generally had stronger hands, and this would introduce a bias in the results. When all-in adjusted equity is not calculated it is not negative/positive for a given hand since the net adjusted result just matches the actual result (so that the net adjusted graph follows your actual result - it only diverges one way or the other when all-in equity is calculated).
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4