Error Executing SQL

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Error Executing SQL

Postby GroovyShark » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:02 am

Hello there,

i have an error (look at screenshot below) since a week or so, it comes up every time i try to make Rebuild Cache or Housekeeping options. Although i didn't found any other malfunctions at PT4's work, but i start to worry if it does a proper Housekeeping because of this error and if my further Backups of Database will work proper. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours,
Al
Attachments
snap418.jpg
GroovyShark

Re: Error Executing SQL

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:51 pm

That error indicates the database is damaged so to fix that you can try a reindex via the "Database > Database Management > Housekeeping > Reindex" if you have not already done so. If the reindex completes successfully you should then do a full cache rebuild.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GroovyShark » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:21 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:That error indicates the database is damaged so to fix that you can try a reindex via the "Database > Database Management > Housekeeping > Reindex" if you have not already done so. If the reindex completes successfully you should then do a full cache rebuild.

Hello! First of thank you for trying to help!
I did tried to do like you said, but no matter which option i choose, Reindex, Cluster or Full cache rebuild, there pop-ups the same error every time. :( Seems like the process goes further, but what is with this error? Is it possible to find and delete a tournament, that caused this problem?
GroovyShark

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:39 pm

If the reindex didn't fix the problem then I recommend that you create a new database and reimport your hands (Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk). By default PokerTracker 4 moves your processed hand histories to your \PokerTracker 4\Processed folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option although if you do not have all the original hand history files on your current computer you can export them from the current database. Exporting hands is also useful if you have a large number of manually entered tournament results as this will create summary files which contain those results. Finally if you have any manual player notes you would like to keep you can export those via 'Database -> Notes'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GroovyShark » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:[...]Exporting hands is also useful if you have a large number of manually entered tournament results as this will create summary files which contain those results.[...]

I did like you said, following your instructions step-by-step and it worked to fix database (it seems not causing any errors, when i re-indexing or vacuuming it. And i have my hands and summaries back too. But there are still 2 kind of pesky issues still.
1) I do have a large number of manually entered tournament results (as i play a lot of satellites and winning tickets for the next steps for example), but if you compare my old tournament results and the new one after i've done importing hands to the new database. (You can see it on the screenshots below.) Seems to me like no manual tournament results corrections have been exported.
2) I've done a lot of merging nicknames from other players before (mostly from poker club i'm in), so that i had more hand seize of them and more correct information. But seems it's all gone too.
I'm not sure if there is a way still to fix those both issues too, or maybe at least one of them? Because it's a lot of work been done by me before and i'm not sure if i can do it again in a same good way, you know...

Anyways, BIG THANKS again for helping me fixing my Database!
Attachments
new stats.jpg
New Stats
old stats.jpg
Old Stats
GroovyShark

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:28 am

1) Please gather some information on a specific sample of tournaments where the results are different and send us those details along with the exported hands for those tournaments in a Support Ticket.

2) Unfortunately any player aliases would have to be manually recreated in the new database.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4