Purging Hands

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Purging Hands

Postby GregXX » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Purging All dates All Games for selected player in advanced tab purges only all hand for him, not involving other HH's?
GregXX

Re: Purging Hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Each hand involves multiple players so if you purge the hands for a specific player then that will also delete the data for the other players who played in those hands e.g. if you have 1,000 hands on 'Player X' and 'Player Y' and they have been on the same table for 150 hands then if you purge all the hands of 'Player X' then 'Player Y' would be left with 850 total hands.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GregXX » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Each hand involves multiple players so if you purge the hands for a specific player then that will also delete the data for the other players who played in those hands e.g. if you have 1,000 hands on 'Player X' and 'Player Y' and they have been on the same table for 150 hands then if you purge all the hands of 'Player X' then 'Player Y' would be left with 850 total hands.

It's completely wrong: I chose needed player and purged all tournaments for him since 01.01.2019. As a result just all tourneys of DB since 01.01.2019 were purged for everyone and now I don't have a single hand for this period. That's absurd...

GregXX

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:07 am

Did you purge hands from a main alias again? You are already linked to that issue in our system and you will be notified when a fix is released but unfortunately it hasn't been resolved yet.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GregXX » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:33 am

No, it was just separate player (not having alias), whos hands I want to delete from db. And ofcourse he have played almost no hands with me. Thats why its so weird, that all my hands also were deleted for this period.
GregXX

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Apologies. The 'Advanced' section is slightly different and does not use the 'Active Player' to determine what hands to purge so it will purge all hands from all players for the options selected there. If you want to purge hands from a specific player then you should use the 'Sessions' or 'Tournaments' section instead. To avoid confusion we are planning to remove the 'Active Player' option that displays on the 'Advanced' tab.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4