Building stats for given stack sizes

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Building stats for given stack sizes

Postby Npyu_system » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 am

Hello everyone,

First, I apologize if there is already a topic on that matter. I searched for previous post concerning my question but didn't really find what I'm looking for, however, it is likely that I missed the answer by not searching for the proper terms.

Anyway, I would like to build a popup group for my MTT HUD where I could see various stats on given stack sizes (i.e. VPIP @ 0-10bb / PF 3bet @ 10-20bb etc...)
As I do not think that any options in the HUD builder allows that, I need to build custom stats related to each stack size. And I am unsure on how to do that as I'm unfamiliar with the "value expression coding".

Could someone give me an example of what the expression value for let's say VPIP at 0-10bb would look like so I can extrapolate and build other stats from it ?
Or would it be more complex than that ? Or even maybe not possible at all ?

In the end, I'd like to build VPIP, PFR, 3bet and limp stats for the 0-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40 and 40+ stack sizes to use all that in the popup group.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Npyu~
Npyu_system

Re: Building stats for given stack sizes

Postby dave2085 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:41 am

maybe this thread helps:

https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 87#p345787

expression what you wanna use for all the stats should look like this:

Code: Select all
AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) BETWEEN 16 AND 20

Just change the numbers "16" and "20" two an numbers you want to have the Effective Stacksize for.
dave2085

Postby Npyu_system » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you very much for your advice.
And for this link.

Unfortunately, I've been trying to integrate the expression you shared without success so far.
I'm afraid this is a bit above my league and that I would need more details on how to make this work.

Sorry... :?
But thank you anyway !
Npyu_system

Postby dave2085 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:43 pm

so if you want to build a custom like this, you can just use Stats from Warehouse or Stats which you already have in your Statistics library.

If you want to modify for example the Stat PFR, go to Statistics under the Configuration Window, Search for the Stat PFR (click on the Stat),
Now you see on the right side the Stat and "Value Expression": (cnt_pfr / cnt_pfr_opp) * 100

1st Step: copy "cnt_pfr". Now click on the top right on "Columns" and paste it into the "Search:" window on the bottom left.
Select the exact Column ("cnt_pfr"). Now you should see this Expression on the right side:
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise > 0, 1, 0])

Click on "duplicate" on the bottom right and add this
AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) BETWEEN 10 AND 20

to the Expression, if you want to filter the PFR Stat for example for 10-20bb:

So the Expression should looks like this now:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise > 0
AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) BETWEEN 10 AND 20, 1, 0])

change the Name of the Edited Column to something like "cnt_pfr_10_20_bb"

Save the Column and you got the 1st Step. Do the same for the other Column of the value Expression ("cnt_pfr_opp")

After you did that, go back to the "Stats" Window on the top right. Select the PFR Stat on the left side again.
Click on Duplicate and change the Value Expression from (cnt_pfr / cnt_pfr_opp) * 100 to the new Value Expression (cnt_pfr_10_20_bb / cnt_pfr_opp_10_20_bb) * 100

Edit Name / Title/ Description to something like this: PFR 10-20bb

Save the Stats and you build your first custom Stat. Good luck :)

(no warranty)
dave2085

Postby Npyu_system » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:37 am

Thank you so much !

It's crystal clear now !
I was trying to integrate the expression you gave me in the expression of the stat itself, not in the expression of each term of the stat.

I get it now.
I just did vpip for 0-10bb and it seems to be working !
Now I just have to rinse & repeat for other stack sizes and other stats.

Thank you !
Npyu_system

Postby Npyu_system » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:24 am

One more question :

Using my new popup group live, I noticed that it uses lifetime stats for Hero, even during a session.
Does that come from the value expression used ?

Or did I possibly made a mistake building the HUD ?
Npyu_system

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:48 am

Try rebuilding your custom database cache via 'Database -> Database Management -> Rebuild Cache -> Custom Cache Rebuild'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Npyu_system » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 am

Thank you for the advice.

The result was strange however : At first I thought it worked.
But as soon as the tournaments unpaused, after the refreshing of the first hand played, the problem came back.

In addition, it freezes the HUD to the values showed when I require the popup.
As if the processing of the stats to show freezed the regular HUD values.

In general, since I built that HUD, I noticed that it took a long time for PT4 to show the stats when requesting the popup, few seconds to 20-30 seconds.

This freezing problem might have been present before the cache rebuilt. It is very possible that I didnt noticed it before.
Npyu_system

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:08 pm

In that case try a full cache rebuild instead but if that doesn't fix it restart PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it in a Support Ticket with your log file so we can investigate that for you. You can access the log file by clicking 'File --> Show User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window and the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Npyu_system » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 pm

I was able tonight to test the issue after rebuilding the full cache.
The issue happened again.

I'll be submitting a support ticket with the log files shortly.

Thank you for your time.
Npyu_system

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles