Opponents hands Ignition

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Opponents hands Ignition

Postby Redspade84 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:22 pm

Hand grabber is working fine, Im aware of the 24 hour wait period for hands to be shown. If you import them afterwards will it mess up your current database in any way? Or just update the hands?
Redspade84

Re: Opponents hands Ignition

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:13 am

It will just update the hole cards for the opponents, where possible. Nothing else will change.
WhiteRider

Postby Redspade84 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Thank you.
Redspade84

Postby grandmofftarkin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:44 am

I've imported the hands after 24 hours but it will not update to show all of the opponent hole cards. If I click on the individual hand histories, I can see them. They do not show up in the hand history/replayer.
grandmofftarkin

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 am

That is a limitation of the anonymous names system.
We give the anonymous players "random" names based on when they are first seen in a hand. These names are generated consistently based on the time of the first hand a player is seen (so re-importing the same file would give the same names every time).
Generated hand histories often include some observed hands while you're waiting to post the blinds, and these hands are not included in the downloaded histories.
In the generated hands you first encountered the opponents at a different time to the time of the first played hand in the downloaded history, so when importing the downloaded history afterwards this generates a different "random" name for those opponents, meaning that when we try to update the hole card information in the database the player we search for does not exist.

The development team debated ignoring observed hands to avoid this problem, but decided that it would be more beneficial to have stats from those few hands when first being dealt in, especially since you don't get stats from previous sessions for anonymous players.
When names are anonymous knowing the hole cards your opponents had doesn't really tell you anything since you can't learn anything about a player to use in the future (because you don't know who it is), and you can't judge how you played the hand (or could have played the hand better) based on information that you didn't have at the time.
That said, if the development team are able to find a way to match up the hole card info to the correct player I'm sure they'll add that.

As a workaround you could purge the session and then import the downloaded history to get the full hole card information, or import the downloaded histories to a separate database to do this type of review.
WhiteRider

Postby Redspade84 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Basically if I play a session and Get Hands while playing, I can have immediate tracking of my results/hands played and tagged for review. The Hud only loads about half the time on my Ignition tables sometimes on just 1 of the three :| . If I dont get hands while playing, I can wait, get the hands from Ignition 24 hours later and import and see opponents hole cards. Importing the hands a day later is not updating the opponents whole cards except for the last hand played at table.

As far as tournaments go, is there a way that Pokertracker can actually get the info about the buy in, player pool and money cashed for to create accurate graphs at this time? Im having to manually do it all now.
Redspade84

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:18 am

Redspade84 wrote:The Hud only loads about half the time on my Ignition tables sometimes on just 1 of the three

If you're not using our latest version v4.15.8 please update - PT4 Download Page.
Please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4. Make sure that PT4 is open (so that the handgrabber is active) before you open any tables, and open one table at a time so that the grabber can associate the data with the appropriate window.
If the Hud fails to load on any table(s) after a few hands take a screenshot. When you sit out (but before you close PT4) go to File > Open User Data Folder in the PT4 menu and in the window that opens go to the 'Logs' folder. Compress all of the files there (do not include the 'Archive' folder, just the files).
Attach the screenshot and the log files to a Support Ticket along with the generated hand history files for the session so that we can see what is going on. If you haven't stopped Get Hands While Playing the HH files will be in HandHistory\Ignition, and if you've stopped it they will have been moved to the Processed folder (both of these are also within the User Data Folder).

Redspade84 wrote:If I dont get hands while playing, I can wait, get the hands from Ignition 24 hours later and import and see opponents hole cards. Importing the hands a day later is not updating the opponents whole cards except for the last hand played at table.

Please see this thread.

Redspade84 wrote:As far as tournaments go, is there a way that Pokertracker can actually get the info about the buy in, player pool and money cashed for to create accurate graphs at this time? Im having to manually do it all now.

I don't believe that information is available in the Ignition hand histories (or the data that we use to generate histories, although we haven't finished working on tournament hand history generation yet so I don't know for sure) so I don't expect that to be possible.
WhiteRider

Postby Redspade84 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks for the detailed instructions. After updating to 4.15.8 still having same issue with Hud not loading. Sent report. I really would like my database to update with the opponents whole card for review purposes, is there a more detailed link explaining purging. I dont want to end up losing what I have now, thanks.
Redspade84

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:39 am

We have a guide for purging here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby akiba » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:35 pm

As a workaround you could purge the session and then import the downloaded history to get the full hole card information, or import the downloaded histories to a separate database to do this type of review.

I want to do this. But i am kind of computer challenged. Will I also need to create a new file on my computer to save my hand histories to, and then temporarily direct them there while I'm using this new database? Or can I just create the new database, switch over to it , hit the download button in the Ignition client and have it just work that way?
akiba

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4