NC not creating new notes for any recent WPN hands

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

NC not creating new notes for any recent WPN hands

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:31 am

I've recently returned to playing online after about a year off, and since the last time I used PT4 and NoteCaddy in 2018, it seems that NC is no longer creating any new notes on hands I've played recently. :( I play at WPN exclusively, btw. Sadly, I'm very limited in my options as I'm a US resident.

I noticed, however, that NC works perfectly fine when I run it on hands in my old database, which is from 2018 and earlier. I know that WPN had a big software update earlier this year in the spring. Perhaps this has something to do with it? I was under the impressions that NC used PT4's already-imported hands and didn't require updates to the way it reads raw HH's from various sites. Perhaps I'm wrong? :/

I've done all the obvious idiot checks and am pretty sure I've got things configured correctly. Fyi, I'm using v4.15.12, and PT4 is importing the hands from this year. It's just NC that's being fussy. Let me know if I'm missing something here. Fingers crossed!
rowhousepd

Re: NC not creating new notes for any recent WPN hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Can you please send a sample of original hand history files to us in a NoteCaddy Support Ticket. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your processed hand histories to your \PokerTracker 4\Processed folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rowhousepd » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:23 am

I'm submitting a ticket now.

Just curious though: is this really the first time you're hearing from someone that NC hasn't worked on WPN since that site's major update? I'm just surprised because it's one of the few supported sites for US based players, and it looks like the last update from SretiCentV was way back in December of 2017!
rowhousepd

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:31 am

Yes it's the first time I've seen this query and I have asked the NoteCaddy team for an update.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:10 am

Thanks!
rowhousepd

Postby rowhousepd » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Pardon the bump, but I submitted a ticket last week and haven't heard a peep. I noticed a PT4 update today (14.15.13), but it didn't come with a NC update and it's still unable to process any WPN hands. :( Any news on this?

Seems like th developer is basically AWOL, not just from here but from 2+2 as well as HM2's forum. Should I just assume NC is no longer opperational and likely won't be for WPN going forward?
rowhousepd

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:40 am

Going to bump one last time as I didn't get a response at all to my support ticket. Is SretiCentV off-radar ... and if so, is PT4 going to support NC going forward?

Sadly, considering the very limited options US players have for where they can play, and considering that neither Ignition nor Chico offer hand histories, this essentially mean NC has become obsolete for players here in the states. :(
rowhousepd

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:38 am

There will be further development to NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4 however the current focus is on NoteCaddy for Holdem Manager 2 & 3. I don't have any other information at this time but if I receive any further news I will let you know.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SretiCentV » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:52 am

The latest versions of NC for HM3 and PT4 should be supporting the new WPN format. An update for HM2 is hopefully going to be ready by tomorrow.
SretiCentV
Third Party App Developer

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:33 am

SretiCentV wrote:The latest versions of NC for HM3 and PT4 should be supporting the new WPN format. An update for HM2 is hopefully going to be ready by tomorrow.

I just saw this and am SO glad it's back. Looking forward to using it soon. Thanks, SretiCentV!
rowhousepd

Next

Return to NoteCaddy