How to get HUD positioned correctly in tourneys?

Support for the Ignition, Bovada and Bodog Hand Grabber

Moderators: WhiteRider, Flag_Hippo, Moderators

How to get HUD positioned correctly in tourneys?

Postby detroitkid » Thu May 14, 2020 9:32 pm

The ignition hand grabber now supports tourneys. But I can't figure out how to make "Hero" show up where it should be. I'm confused. It works ok for cash. Under site configuration it allows you to choose your preferred seating. I have chosen this... where is this option for tournaments? My tournament hud is not in the right place.

Nevermind. As soon as I chose "treat as 9-handed" everything fell into place. Not sure why I had to do this.
detroitkid

Re: How to get HUD positioned correctly in tourneys?

Postby WhiteRider » Fri May 15, 2020 4:18 am

We do not have exact table size information from Ignition so if your table starts out with less than 6 players PT4 will assume it is 6-max. This shouldn't happen too often for tournaments, but it is possible. Preferred seating should work the same for tournaments as it does for cash - there aren't separate settings.
WhiteRider

Postby detroitkid » Sun May 17, 2020 10:24 pm

I am playing cash now, the seating is off and I can't seem to change it. Modifying it in the configuration doesn't seem to have any effect.
Ok, in order for the config to work, you have to stop hud display and the restart it. I had to change the setting to the other side of the table to get my seating correct. ??
detroitkid

Postby detroitkid » Fri May 22, 2020 8:20 pm

The position of "Hero" is different for cash vs. tournament play. To get it to the 5 seat for cash, I have to set the site configuration to the 9 seat.
Yesterday, in tournament I had to change it to the correct place, the 5 seat.
There aren't 2 different places to configure this, right?
detroitkid

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun May 24, 2020 6:11 am

There aren't different settings for cash/tourney preferred seating. If you want to set things so the preferred seating settings for cash match in PokerTracker 4 and Ignition again you can manually move the HUD and save the positions again but if the HUD is in the correct place now it isn't absolutely necessary to do that.
Flag_Hippo

Postby detroitkid » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:38 pm

There is one location for choosing a seating preference. Unfortunately, while it is correct for tourney play (I just play the freerolls) it is incorrect for cash play. For cash play, I have to chose the 9 seat in the preferences to be able to get the 5 seat as preferred in cash. It was suggested I could move the display around manually and I tried that. The problem is that once a hand is over, the post-hand display (what each player had) does not follow the manual movement and shows up as if I did no manual adjustment. This is annoying.. I have to keep switching back and forth, depending on which I'm playing. They should be some resolution for this, I would think... some reason this is happening. I haven't seen anyone else complain, interestingly enough.
detroitkid

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 am

You can also move and configure the mucked cards display by clicking the PT-icon and selecting 'Configure Mucked Cards'. When you have the mucked cards placed where you want you should then save the new positions by clicking the PT-icon and choosing 'Save Layout'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby detroitkid » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Ah! Thanks, I didn't notice that.
detroitkid

Return to Ignition, Bovada, Bodog Hand Grabber