Missing hands when filtering

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Missing hands when filtering

Postby t_roy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:00 am

I have the below hand strength filter set up, but I'm missing hands somehow. When I use the filter. I get 1135 hands. When I use NOT[this filter], I get 434 hands. But when I delete the filter altogether, I get 1663 hands. Almost 100 extra hands than the addition of {Filter} + NOT[Filter]. Why is this happening?

https://imgur.com/KMHraa0
t_roy

Re: Missing hands when filtering

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:36 am

When using that kind of filter you will only see hands where community cards were dealt so the extra hands will be hands where there was no flop. You can verify your totals by using a filter for NOT (Players Seeing Flop Between 2 and 10) and the number of hands there should be the difference between your {hand value} filter and your NOT {hand value} filter.
Flag_Hippo

Postby t_roy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm combining w a "Bet River Any River Bet" filter in both cases. This should acct for board state. Something else is happening.
t_roy

Postby t_roy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:11 pm

One possibility. If I have the NOT[hand strength: pair]. Is it filtering out hands where I have a pair AND a straight for instance?
t_roy

Postby t_roy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:14 pm

Here is my full filter, although I don't understand why the other pieces would be relevant.

https://imgur.com/a/Ju57gI5
t_roy

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:29 am

t_roy wrote:I'm combining w a "Bet River Any River Bet" filter in both cases. This should acct for board state. Something else is happening.

Unfortunately for my initial reply all the information I had to go on was the filter I could see in the original screenshot.
t_roy wrote:One possibility. If I have the NOT[hand strength: pair]. Is it filtering out hands where I have a pair AND a straight for instance?

I wouldn't expect that to be the case since only one hand strength (the higher one) for the player is recorded in the database.
t_roy wrote:Here is my full filter, although I don't understand why the other pieces would be relevant.

Can you please save that as quick filter, export it via 'Edit Quick Filters', compress it and attach it here. Also let me know if you are only filtering for Hero hands (where all hand strengths would be known regardless of reaching showdown) or are doing population analysis (where all hand strengths may not be known if there was no showdown).
Flag_Hippo

Postby t_roy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:37 pm

Finally realized that I was accidentally passing through a chunk of hands that I didn't know the hole cards for. Thank you for the help.
t_roy

Return to PokerTracker 4