Net won / C Net won calculations, rebuy effects

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Net won / C Net won calculations, rebuy effects

Postby carter665 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:23 pm

Background: I have to manually enter buy-in amount for ACR tourneys but rebuys field is automatically populated. Noticing some issues.

Does net won = (buy-in + fee) * rebuys + prize won, excluding bounties for simplicity?

Or does net won = (buy-in + fee) + prize won?

I think it is the latter of the above based on looking at my data. THis would mean that I need to enter the total buy ins + fees instead of cost for single buy-in and letting the rebuy multiply it which would lead me to ask what the point of the rebuy field is.

Also, why is there net won vs. C net won? Do you have to enter the "$" symbol for this to show in both fields? Graph of results just uses C net won so I would have to go back and enter $ where I forgot. Is ROI dependent on C Net won vs. net won?

Thanks in advance
carter665

Re: Net won / C Net won calculations, rebuy effects

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:15 am

carter665 wrote:Background: I have to manually enter buy-in amount for ACR tourneys but rebuys field is automatically populated. Noticing some issues.

Does net won = (buy-in + fee) * rebuys + prize won, excluding bounties for simplicity?

Or does net won = (buy-in + fee) + prize won?

I think it is the latter of the above based on looking at my data.

Net won is:

Prize Won - (Buy-in + Fee + Rebuys + Add-ons)
carter665 wrote:THis would mean that I need to enter the total buy ins + fees instead of cost for single buy-in and letting the rebuy multiply it which would lead me to ask what the point of the rebuy field is.

Buy-in and rebuys are recorded separately since a $10 tournament where you rebuy 3 times is still a $10 tournament. The 'Rebuy Cost' & 'Addon Cost' fields record the value of the rebuy/add-on in each tournament and the 'Rebuys' and Addons' fields record the quantity of rebuys/addons made in that tournament.
carter665 wrote:Also, why is there net won vs. C net won? Do you have to enter the "$" symbol for this to show in both fields?

When editing a tournament you should enter the results in the game currency (the currency used on the poker site for the buyin/prizes). Any tournaments that are played in a currency that differs from your selected 'My Currency' in PokerTracker 4 will automatically be converted:

Currency Guide
carter665 wrote:Is ROI dependent on C Net won vs. net won?

The ROI in PokerTracker 4 uses 'My Currency' however ROI doesn't change based on currency. For example if you play a tournament in €EUR but have 'My Currency' in $USD:

Prize Won €35

(€15 Net Won / €20 Buy-in + Fee + Rebuys + Add-ons) * 100 = 75% ROI

assuming an exchange rate of 1.5 (could be anything):

Prize Won $52.5

($22.50 Net Won / $30 Buy-in + Fee + Rebuys + Add-ons) * 100 = 75% ROI
Flag_Hippo

Postby carter665 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 pm

Thanks.

The below formula doesn't make sense. Rebuys and Add-ons are just integers for # of times it happens. So if there is a buy-in of $10 and fee of $1 and I rebuy once, this would equal 10 + 1 + 1 = 12 instead of (10 +1)*2 = $22

Is there a way to insert $ before buy-in and fee for a large amount of tourneys instead of doing it manually for every single one where this is missing?
carter665

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:17 am

In the expression:

.."Rebuys" isn't the number of rebuys, it is the cost of the rebuys you made, and the same for Add-ons.

carter665 wrote:Is there a way to insert $ before buy-in and fee for a large amount of tourneys instead of doing it manually for every single one where this is missing?

Do you mean that some of your tournaments were entered as play money because you didn't set the currency?
If you edit all of those tournaments at once and select them all in the upper section you should be able to change the currency selector for them all at once.
WhiteRider

Postby carter665 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:31 pm

See attached screen shots.

The re-buy = 1 while buy-in = 8 and fee = 0.8. prize = 0. This is not what was explained in the formula.

Net won = -8.80 so re-buy is not being incorporated. C net won = 0, ROI is blank. If I add a "$" to buy-in and fee, Cnet won & ROI will be correct but my question was if there is another way to do this besides manually do for hundreds of tourneys?
carter665

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:26 am

carter665 wrote:See attached screen shots.

There are no screenshots attached.
carter665 wrote:The re-buy = 1

Two entries are required for rebuys - are you using both? One is for the number of rebuys made and the other is the cost of each rebuy (under the R&A / Bounty tab) - see this screenshot:

rebuy.PNG
rebuy.PNG (20.5 KiB) Viewed 1229 times

carter665 wrote:but my question was if there is another way to do this besides manually do for hundreds of tourneys?

If that data isn't in the hand history/summary files provided by your poker site then the data will have to be added manually. Initial support was added for WPN tournament summaries in PokerTracker v4.15.23 but these files are still incomplete and you already have a ticket in our system so you will be notified of any changes in this regard.
Flag_Hippo

Postby carter665 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:38 am

Thanks for the help but I just have to say god fucking damnit.

Some of these features are so fucking stupid. Wouldn't be an issue if the summaries imported correctly in the first place. Just an unbelievable monstrosity of annoyances. Unnecessarily intricate with separate field for rebuy cost that also needs to be filled out manually which again, wouldn't be an issue if the tournament summary functionality worked.

PS: Screen shot file transfer isn't completing for some reason but it's OK - I understand now.
carter665

Return to PokerTracker 4