HUD not working/ PT4 crash

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD not working/ PT4 crash

Postby thedonktard » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi,

My hud was not working on winamax expressos (previously working fine for years).

After trying a cache rebuild as suggested i got a fatal error of over 1600 columns. Since then every time i start pt4 it causes my mac to lag like crazy and when i click stop getting hands pt4 just freezes and i need to force quit every time.

This is extremely frustrating as support is taking so long and i cant play right now.
All the obvious settings are correct and my mac has lots of free space.

Any suggestions or perhaps speeding up support would be great.

Thanks!!!
thedonktard

Re: HUD not working/ PT4 crash

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:37 am

Due to the current pandemic we have a higher support volume than normal and there can be delays in initial replies but now your ticket has been replied to there is no need converse with us in multiple support channels. With regards to the issue you are describing you have too many custom columns so the cache cannot rebuilt until you are under that limit - see this thread. I've also closed your existing support tickets since I've replied to you here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby thedonktard » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:32 am

Thanks for the reply. I don’t understand why you closed my most recent ticket? I reinstalled pt4 on another mac and had other problems which I described. Cant connect to database and also hand importation errors. Pt4 was working fine for around 6 years i changed literally nothing and encountered all these issues.

Also To reduce the column count i contacted the creator of some premium huds to have those removed. i only contacted you here as im 4 days now without playing. Please can you address my other issues and not auto close my ticket?
thedonktard

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:06 am

All of the issues I've seen you describe are likely related to the fact you have gone over the hard limit in PostgreSQL for custom columns and until that is resolved your database(s) will be unusable causing issues with the HUD, hand importing, database connections e.t.c. I've reopened your support ticket with a link to this thread (and the other ticket you opened #556588) so a technician can reply to you later today and if you need any further assistance please keep everything contained there. Thank you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby thedonktard » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:09 am

Ok, many thanks for the help. Appreciate it.
thedonktard

Postby thedonktard » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi,

Some of my premium HUDs i asked to be removed and that has solved the issue. You can close the ticket.

Thanks
thedonktard

Return to PT4 for macOS