Raw Hand History Location

Support for the Ignition, Bovada and Bodog Hand Grabber

Moderator: WhiteRider

Raw Hand History Location

Postby mojo6911 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello,

Does PT4 keep the raw hand history saved when importing Ignition hands?

The hands in this folder:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed\Ignition\

Are converted, and can't be used in other programs.
mojo6911
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Raw Hand History Location

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:08 am

The hands generated by the integrated Ignition Hand Grabber are moved from 'C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\HandHistory\Ignition' to the 'Processed' folder - they are not converted from their original format.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 10944
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Raw Hand History Location

Postby mojo6911 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:54 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:The hands generated by the integrated Ignition Hand Grabber are moved from 'C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\HandHistory\Ignition' to the 'Processed' folder - they are not converted from their original format.


It appears they are not the original files. Here's an example:

Original:

Code: Select all
Ignition Hand #4033214566 TBL#23041082 HOLDEM No Limit - 2020-11-22 15:27:39
Seat 1: UTG ($112.78 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG+1 ($100 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG+2 ($45.16 in chips)
Seat 4: Dealer ($103.85 in chips)
Seat 5: Small Blind ($100 in chips)
Seat 6: Big Blind [ME] ($100 in chips)
Dealer : Set dealer [4]
Small Blind : Small Blind $0.50
Big Blind  [ME] : Big blind $1


Converterted:

Code: Select all
Ignition Hand #4033213226 TBL#23041082 HOLDEM No Limit [MVS] - 2020-11-22 20:23:22 UTC
Table Info: Version: 1, Type: MVS, Stakes: $0.50-$1, Table: 00150778-0
Seat 1: Small Blind ($115.78 in chips)
Seat 2: Big Blind ($100 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG ($36.20 in chips)
Seat 4: UTG+1 ($106.85 in chips)
Seat 5: Dealer ($99.95 in chips)
Dealer : Set dealer [5]
Small Blind : Small Blind $0.50
Big Blind : Big Blind $1


As you can see, things like "MVS" and the time zone are changed.
mojo6911
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Raw Hand History Location

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 am

The first example looks like a hand that's been downloaded from the Ignition client afterwards. As I mentioned above the format of the files created by the Hand Grabber are not changed/converted when they are moved from 'C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\HandHistory\Ignition' to the 'Processed' folder but they do have additional information when compared to the downloaded files so the HUD can work.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 10944
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Raw Hand History Location

Postby mojo6911 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:22 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:The first example looks like a hand that's been downloaded from the Ignition client afterwards. As I mentioned above the format of the files created by the Hand Grabber are not changed/converted when they are moved from 'C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\HandHistory\Ignition' to the 'Processed' folder but they do have additional information when compared to the downloaded files so the HUD can work.


OK, I think I didn't clarify what I was asking so we aren't on the same page. When Ignition imports hands downloaded from the ignition client, are the raw hand histories saved anywhere? Normally on a site like Poker Stars, the raw hand histories are saved somewhere.
mojo6911
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Raw Hand History Location

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:51 pm

mojo6911 wrote:When Ignition imports hands downloaded from the ignition client

I don't know what this means. Can you clarify? Ignition doesn't "import hands" but PokerTracker 4 can import hands that are downloaded from the Ignition client.
mojo6911 wrote:are the raw hand histories saved anywhere?"

If you download hands from the Ignition client they are saved here:

C:\<skin name>\Hand History

or here:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\<skin name>\Hand History

Ignition (Bovada/Bodog) Manual Import of Hand Histories Guide
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 10944
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Raw Hand History Location

Postby mojo6911 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:
mojo6911 wrote:When Ignition imports hands downloaded from the ignition client

I don't know what this means. Can you clarify? Ignition doesn't "import hands" but PokerTracker 4 can import hands that are downloaded from the Ignition client.
mojo6911 wrote:are the raw hand histories saved anywhere?"

If you download hands from the Ignition client they are saved here:

C:\<skin name>\Hand History

or here:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\<skin name>\Hand History

Ignition (Bovada/Bodog) Manual Import of Hand Histories Guide



Sorry, when I download hands from any other client, PT4 saves the raw history in the processed folder. When I download hand histories from Ignition, PT4 imports these. Does it save the original hand history anywhere? I have been deleting the files in the hand history folders you described to stop duplicate imports.
mojo6911
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Raw Hand History Location

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:36 am

There is a difference between playing live on a poker client and downloading hands from a poker client.

If you are playing on a poker site where a HUD is supported such as PokerStars then it is the poker site that creates and saves the saves the hands somewhere on your computer. PokerTracker 4 then moves those files unaltered to the 'Processed' folder at the end of each session:

Guide: Processed Files

This is for performance reasons so thousands of accumulated files do not have to be searched through again when clicking 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' as it can cause issues with the HUD displaying/updating correctly.

If you are playing on a poker site which does not create hands as you play such as Ignition then the PokerTracker 4 Hand Grabber app' creates and saves the hands. Again these will get transferred unaltered to the 'Processed' folder at the end of each session.

If you are downloading and saving hands from a poker client (not playing live) then PokerTracker 4 can import those hands using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'. Hands that are imported using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' stay exactly where they are and do not get moved to the 'Processed' folder. It is not recommended to either:

a) Save downloaded hands to a folder where a poker site saves live hands.

b) Create a separate folder for downloaded hands, add it to PokerTracker 4 auto-import settings and then import them using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing'. The auto-importer isn't designed for that.

After importing downloading hands using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' you can manually move the files to your 'Processed' folder or another location instead of deleting them.

If you want the downloaded hands you have deleted from your computer again then you can see if your poker site can provide you with copies or you can export them from PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 10944
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to Ignition, Bovada, Bodog Hand Grabber

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron