Postgresql 9.3 service not starting

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Postgresql 9.3 service not starting

Postby Chef » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:22 am

Hey,

Since a while my postgresql service isn't starting anymore. It says the postgresql-x64-9.3-service on the local computer has started and stopped. Some services stop automatically if they aren't used by other services or programs.

Anybody has seen this before? I couldn't really find an answer to this elsewhere.

Thanks
Chef

Re: Postgresql 9.3 service not starting

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Is that message from the Event Viewer? Are there any other errors there regarding PostgreSQL? If you're using any security software follow the instructions given in the Security Software Configuration Guide to set exceptions. Next go to this folder:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\

although you may have it installed in another location. Delete the 'postmaster.pid' file inside that folder (not 'postmaster.opts' which may be there too), reboot your computer and try starting PokerTracker 4 again.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Sh1p1tbud » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:51 pm

@Flag_hippo I Have this issue as well, and every time I delete the Pid file when I start up PT4 The file just shows back up and I am getting the same "Select Default Database" screen. Any solutions?
Sh1p1tbud

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:24 am

The postmaster.pid file showing up again is normal and that indicates PostgreSQL was able to start again on your machine. What are you doing in the 'Select Default Database' screen and what happens next? Try clicking 'New' to create a new database and that might allow PokerTracker 4 to start.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4