Vilain raises post-flop filter / stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Vilain raises post-flop filter / stat

Postby Kadwallon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Hello,

I want to filter all the hands when i get raised post-flop on any street. I created the following filter but it seems it doesn't work : (NOT (Player is Hero)) AND ((Raised Flop Any Flop Raise) OR (Raised Turn Any Turn Raise) OR (Raised River Any River Raise))

Note that if i take off Not Player is Hero, then the filter works.

Moreover, i didn't find any stat for a post-flop raise on any street, not sure how to create it ?

What can i do about it ?
Thanks,
Kadwallon
Kadwallon

Re: Vilain raises post-flop filter / stat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:44 am

Kadwallon wrote:I want to filter all the hands when i get raised post-flop on any street. I created the following filter but it seems it doesn't work : (NOT (Player is Hero)) AND ((Raised Flop Any Flop Raise) OR (Raised Turn Any Turn Raise) OR (Raised River Any River Raise))

Note that if i take off Not Player is Hero, then the filter works.

Filters are for the active player selected for the report so if Hero is the active player and then you filter for NOT (Player Is Hero) you will not see any data. Also you mentioned you want to filter for getting raised but you are filtering for making the raise yourself so to get that to work you need to remove all your existing filters and then filter for facing a raise instead via 'Actions & Opportunities -> Street -> Street Actions Encountered With Sizes'. You can also filter for the specific actions you took in 'Actions & Opportunities -> Street -> Street Action Sequence' so if for example you filter for making a bet as your first action and then taking any second action on that street then you must have faced a raise.
Kadwallon wrote:Moreover, i didn't find any stat for a post-flop raise on any street, not sure how to create it ?

What can i do about it ?

There isn't a built in stat for that but you could do that with a custom statistic - see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different. There may also be some similar stats if you search this forum or the Download Warehouse and you can edit them if they are not exactly what you are after.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kadwallon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:08 pm

"Filters are for the active player selected for the report so if Hero is the active player and then you filter for NOT (Player Is Hero) you will not see any data."

Ok, that's what i was thinking.

ou need to remove all your existing filters and then filter for facing a raise instead via 'Actions & Opportunities -> Street -> Street Actions Encountered With Sizes'. You can also filter for the specific actions you took in 'Actions & Opportunities -> Street -> Street Action Sequence

I tried but it mixed my raises with my opponent's raises. I could'nt find a "Hero faces a raise" in Street Actions Encountered with Sizes". I created this : ((Raised Flop Any Flop Raise) OR (Raised Turn Any Turn Raise) OR (Raised River Any River Raise))
but i would like when i get raised only, not when I raise. How can i do this ?

Kadwallon
Kadwallon

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:56 am

Kadwallon wrote:I tried but it mixed my raises with my opponent's raises

In any single hand more than one player can make a raise. If you don't want to see that you need to make your filter more specific.
Kadwallon wrote:I could'nt find a "Hero faces a raise" in Street Actions Encountered with Sizes".

There isn't a filter for "Hero faces a raise". Filters are applied from the perspective of the active player currently selected in PokerTracker 4.
Kadwallon wrote:I created this : ((Raised Flop Any Flop Raise) OR (Raised Turn Any Turn Raise) OR (Raised River Any River Raise))
but i would like when i get raised only, not when I raise. How can i do this ?

That is the same filter you gave in your original post for making a raise so you cannot use that if you want to filter for hands where you faced a raise. So either use a filter for:

a) Filter for facing a raise via 'Actions & Opportunities -> {Street} -> {Street} Actions Encountered With Sizes'. The raises here are specific raises (2Bet, 3bet e.t.c.) and sizes so you would need to set them accordingly.

or

b) Filter for the specific actions you took in 'Actions & Opportunities -> {Street} -> {Street} Action Sequence so if for example you filter for making a bet as your first action and then taking any second action on that street then you must have faced a raise.
Kadwallon wrote:but i would like when i get raised only, not when I raise. How can i do this ?

Just because you face a raise doesn't mean that you cannot raise yourself elsewhere in the hand. If you get results you do not want or think are not right then please go into more detail about what you want to see/don't want to see and in addition to the current filter you are using please include details of a hand you are seeing in the results that you believe doesn't match the filter.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kadwallon » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:12 pm

I get what i did wrong now, i get it. I had used before your "Actions Encountered with Sizes" and mixed the 3 streets. So i thought it would mix the hands between me being the initial raiser and my opponent. But, sometimes i am the first raiser on the flop but vilain is the first raiser on the river. So here is the filtrer that i wanted.

So everything is fine now, thank you :)
Kadwallon

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles