Downloaded update

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Downloaded update

Postby Chipppps » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Hi, i get an error now after downloading update, could have been a purchase of spyhunter too im not sure,

but i get this error now https://prnt.sc/10r8n0i,

any ideas?

I did a few searches and lead to a wild goose chase of old posts, so decided to post, apologies if its a re-post of previously asked Q
Chipppps

Re: Downloaded update

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:50 am

Go to this folder:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\x.y\data\

where x.y is your PostgreSQL version although you may have it installed in another location. Delete the 'postmaster.pid' file inside that folder (not 'postmaster.opts' which may be there too), reboot your computer and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? What is the 'Startup Type'? If the PostgreSQL service is listed but not starting then open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Chipppps » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:00 pm

There's no postmaster.pid file, I've opened event viewer and see 32k events, is it possible to filter out PostgreSQL? Because I'd be scrolling forever...
Scrolled a bit but seen no errors, I'm looking for quick solution not a taxing day job meh!
Chipppps

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:07 am

Chipppps wrote:There's no postmaster.pid file, I've opened event viewer!

Thanks but you've missed the middle part of my reply. Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? What is the 'Startup Type'?
Flag_Hippo

Postby Chipppps » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:19 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:

Thanks but you've missed the middle part of my reply. Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? What is the 'Startup Type'?

thanks for assuming incorrectly, but i didnt miss it, it wasnt there, iv been over these types of replies searching before i came here, iv racked my brain enough before making my own thread, its getting to point where i just stop, like many many others, that file isnt there.
Chipppps

Postby Chipppps » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:36 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? NO Is it started, WHATS THAT EVEN MEAN or can you start it?HAVE NO CLUE What is the 'Startup Type'? NOT A SCOOBIES

as per my edit of your question thats why im here to get it fixed, i put it off for months cos i knew it would go pear shaped, then i updatd to this shit show, meh, if i deleted pokertracker 4 for good it would be a relief tbh
i bet you wont refund me either, not only that but when or if i get it loaded, thats 1/2 the battle co i been tryig to fix the pokerstars seating
Chipppps

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:53 am

Chipppps wrote:Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? NO

Thank you. If the PostgreSQL service isn't listed at all then it isn't currently installed so you will need to reinstall PostgreSQL (the program where PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data).
Chipppps wrote:Is it started, WHATS THAT EVEN MEAN or can you start it?HAVE NO CLUE What is the 'Startup Type'? NOT A SCOOBIES

If the PostgreSQL service is not listed then you will not see these details as you will be unable to select/view it in the services window.
Chipppps wrote:I've opened event viewer and see 32k events, is it possible to filter out PostgreSQL? Because I'd be scrolling forever...
Scrolled a bit but seen no errors,

I was only asking for these details if the PostgreSQL service was listed. Since you have clarified that it isn't there you will not see any recent PostgreSQL events here.

When you looked for your postmaster.pid file earlier it would have been in:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\x.y\data\

where x.y is your PostgreSQL version although you may have it installed in another location. Note the x.y number and then download the matching version of PostgreSQL (under Windows x86-64)from here:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/ ... -downloads

So if your x.y is 9.6 you would download v9.6.21.

After downloading the relevant installer right-click the file and run as administrator.

For the two password boxes use "dbpass" (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default.

If you receive confirmation that PostgreSQL installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If the PostgreSQL install did not complete successfully go to:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called "install-postgresql.log" - please send us that file in a Support Ticket where a technician can assist you further. If you do not see the AppData folder in Windows File Explorer then please refer to this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Chipppps » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:59 pm

Its started up again but the stats arent displaying correctly, they are on diff seats, i dont even see stats anywhere for me on table
Chipppps

Postby Chipppps » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:02 pm

its so annoying because i used fulltilt software becuase stats displayed correctly, now they discontinued it
Chipppps

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:11 am

Where are you playing now? Assuming you are on the PokerStars client then your own HUD will not be displayed and preferred seating will not work until things are setup correctly - see this guide:

PokerStars Configuration Guide

If you need further assistance report this to us in a Support Ticket with your log file and screenshots of the following windows:

1. "Settings -> Playing History -> Hand History" in PokerStars.

2. "Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> PokerStars" in PokerTracker 4.

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4