enabled notecaddy but it won't launch

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

enabled notecaddy but it won't launch

Postby rowhousepd » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:41 pm

Yesterday NoteCaddy & PT4 were working fine, but after restarting my computer today (with no other modifications made to the software), there's apparently no option to launch NC from within PT4. When I go to PokerTracker Apps > NoteCaddy, I'm only given the option to Enable or Disable it. I've toggled it on and off, restarted the program, etc., and that's all I can do. Usually, there's the option to start NC from here. Basically, it just disappeared.

Any ideas what's up? :/
rowhousepd

Re: enabled notecaddy but it won't launch

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:15 am

Here's a screenshot in case that wasn't clear.

https://i.gyazo.com/bb56f0e64e83e08ab3d ... 01324e.png
rowhousepd

Postby nostrakhan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 am

Hi rowhousepd,

You may want to try resetting your NoteCaddy settings to factory defaults, to see if it solves the issue:

*Resetting PT4 NC Settings Back To Factory Defaults*
1. Close PT4 and navigate to: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5.
2. Make a backup of the .xml files (copy/move them somewhere else on your pc).
3. Delete the .xml files from the directory in step 1.
4. Restart PT4, go into NoteCaddy and adjust your settings as you prefer again (File → Settings).
5. If you use Color Definitions, then import the ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up from step 2, into NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions.
6. Reset and reprocess the notes (File → Reset Notes).
nostrakhan

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:49 pm

nostrakhan wrote:Hi rowhousepd,

You may want to try resetting your NoteCaddy settings to factory defaults, to see if it solves the issue:

*Resetting PT4 NC Settings Back To Factory Defaults*
1. Close PT4 and navigate to: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5.
2. Make a backup of the .xml files (copy/move them somewhere else on your pc).
3. Delete the .xml files from the directory in step 1.
4. Restart PT4, go into NoteCaddy and adjust your settings as you prefer again (File → Settings).
5. If you use Color Definitions, then import the ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up from step 2, into NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions.
6. Reset and reprocess the notes (File → Reset Notes).

Perfect! That seems to do that trick. Not sure why it suddenly stopped, but it's back to normal. Thanks, nostrakhan! :)
rowhousepd

Postby joey716 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:41 pm

So can I jump in this thread? I had same problem. I did the reset and NoteCaddy had to redo or reload all the notes. Now the problem is in the Note Caddy HUDS the NC player overview icon does Not appear in any of the HUDS cash or MTT ?? Am I forgetting to check something ? Can anyone help ??
joey716

Postby nostrakhan » Mon May 03, 2021 10:47 am

joey716 wrote:So can I jump in this thread? I had same problem. I did the reset and NoteCaddy had to redo or reload all the notes. Now the problem is in the Note Caddy HUDS the NC player overview icon does Not appear in any of the HUDS cash or MTT ?? Am I forgetting to check something ? Can anyone help ??

Hi joey716,

It's likely your best best to wait until the next NC beta update for PT4. This current version is not very usable.
nostrakhan

Return to NoteCaddy