# of tournaments and # of bustout hands

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

# of tournaments and # of bustout hands

Postby pocarr24 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:37 am

Hi,

I would like to get these two statistics to add to a custom report:
1) Number of tournaments played
2) Number of bustout hands found

There is the stat "Tournaments" that comes with PT4, but it does not work when added to a custom report with several other statistics added already. It only works with basic stats like Position, Hands, bb/100. It won't work with this custom stat:
CBet Flop IP (HU) - (cnt_f_cbet_ip_hu / cnt_f_cbet_opp_ip_hu) * 100 Image: https://gyazo.com/4fb0cb0c00ebc1f4d6ada7c69a047617

I suspect this is because some tournaments will not find any data for CBet HU IP for Hero, and this will conflict with other stats that are found in every hand history, such as VPIP.
What would be a workaround for this?

My goal is to be able to evaluate if all bustout hands are included when looking at a players database for a given data set of tournaments.

Thank you!
pocarr24

Re: # of tournaments and # of bustout hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:04 pm

pocarr24 wrote:There is the stat "Tournaments" that comes with PT4, but it does not work when added to a custom report with several other statistics added already. It only works with basic stats like Position, Hands, bb/100. It won't work with this custom stat:
CBet Flop IP (HU) - (cnt_f_cbet_ip_hu / cnt_f_cbet_opp_ip_hu) * 100 Image: https://gyazo.com/4fb0cb0c00ebc1f4d6ada7c69a047617

I suspect this is because some tournaments will not find any data for CBet HU IP for Hero, and this will conflict with other stats that are found in every hand history, such as VPIP.
What would be a workaround for this?

How exactly is it not working for you? The 'Tournaments' statistic works for me with other statistics like VPIP added so try adding the 'Tournaments' statistic first before adding any other statistics and then as you add them one by one you can identify which one is possibly causing an issue (or remove stats one by one until it works again). Also your screenshot doesn't include the expressions used in your custom columns so if you want us to test this in a custom report with your statistic please export it, compress it and attach it here or privately in a Support Ticket.

pocarr24 wrote:My goal is to be able to evaluate if all bustout hands are included when looking at a players database for a given data set of tournaments.

You can create a custom column to count the number of bustout hands for a player with this expression:

Code: Select all
sum(if[(tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before = tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_ttl AND NOT tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand), 1, 0])

Please note that depending on the tournaments you play then this will not necessarily count the players last hand if there were rebuys/re-entries available to that player.
Flag_Hippo

Postby pocarr24 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:You can create a custom column to count the number of bustout hands for a player with this expression:

Code: Select all
sum(if[(tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before = tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_ttl AND NOT tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand), 1, 0])

Please note that depending on the tournaments you play then this will not necessarily count the players last hand if there were rebuys/re-entries available to that player.

This worked perfect, thank you!

For Number of Tournaments, I am still struggling. I have attached a stat giving me trouble.
Attachments
CBet Flop IP (HU).zip
(745 Bytes) Downloaded 56 times
pocarr24

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:26 pm

You need to change this column name:

cnt_f_cbet_opp_ip_HU

to use only lower case characters:

cnt_f_cbet_opp_ip_hu

and then it will work.
Flag_Hippo

Postby pocarr24 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:You need to change this column name:

cnt_f_cbet_opp_ip_HU

to use only lower case characters:

cnt_f_cbet_opp_ip_hu

and then it will work.

This worked wonders! Thank you very much!
pocarr24

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles