Created new database, need to connect the past statistics

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Created new database, need to connect the past statistics

Postby dvfz893 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:21 pm

Hi,

As title says, I have had problems with postgreql, so I needed to reinstall a lot of stuff and make it manually , but now I have created the new Database and now my pt4 works fine,
But what I need now is to connect the statistics from the past, from the old database, because its all gone .
How do I do this anybody knows to help me, guide me?
dvfz893

Re: Created new database, need to connect the past statistic

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Do you still have this old database on your computer? If so what version of PostgreSQL was the old database in? What version of PostgreSQL are you using now? Or are you using the same version of PostgreSQL with both? Can you please provide me with more specific information about exactly what you have done so far. Thank you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dvfz893 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:45 pm

I think the old database was from the version of 12, or 13, think its 12 postgresql, I reinstaled the 12 version recently because I had problems with connecting to the database (password) And my tracker was working bad, in game I could see only few tables statistics, the others didnt work.
So what I did I reinstalled the 12 version and installed the 9.6 version, so my new database is on 9.6 version and now PT4 works well, but the hands of old database of old is not present.
#Near my new database in Database Management I can see 2 other databases, one of them is the older one
Attachments
qqq.png
This
dvfz893

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:45 am

dvfz893 wrote:I think the old database was from the version of 12, or 13, think its 12 postgresql, I reinstaled the 12 version recently because I had problems with connecting to the database (password) And my tracker was working bad, in game I could see only few tables statistics, the others didnt work.

PokerTracker 4 supports PostgreSQL versions up to v10 and newer versions of PostgreSQL may not work reliably with PokerTracker 4.
dvfz893 wrote:So what I did I reinstalled the 12 version and installed the 9.6 version, so my new database is on 9.6 version and now PT4 works well, but the hands of old database of old is not present.
#Near my new database in Database Management I can see 2 other databases, one of them is the older one

Your PokerTracker 4 is currently connected to PostgreSQL v9.6 so it cannot see/use databases in stored in other versions of PostgreSQL so if you want to connect to the old database you will need to use PostgreSQL v12 again. If you have PostgreSQL v12 installed to a different port you can configure that by editing the default connection entries under the [Database] heading in this file:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Config\PokerTracker.cfg

You can also temporarily disable/stop PostgreSQL v9.6 in Windows services to ensure PokerTracker 4 connects to PostgreSQL v12 although if you had issues using that database you are still likely to have them therefore I recommend that you just import the hands you want into your new install of PostgreSQL v9.6. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your original files to your 'Processed' folder:

Guide: Processed Files

If you do not have all your original hand history files on this computer you can export them from the v12 database along with any player/hand notes if you have them (Database -> Notes). Also if you have a number of tournaments with manually entered results then exporting those tournaments from the old database will create summary files containing the manual results so they can be imported into the v9.6 database.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4