Graph Stats for WPN MTTs (Went All In) and Money won

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Graph Stats for WPN MTTs (Went All In) and Money won

Postby KaGGo18 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:07 am

Hey!

Please Find Attached (Hopefully) a screenshot of my PT4 that pertains to my question(s)

I look at my View Stats --> Graphs --> Since Date (yesterday) --> Went All In

It seems to track the correct amount of tournaments. It always says my buy-ins are way under. My ROI is in the 1,000's%...

I play on ACR

My Graph doesn't seem to show the correct numbers (though it could) for my BB and Chips when "Went All In".

I feel like there's something I'm missing!

Thanks in Advance.
Attachments
PT4Forum.PNG
KaGGo18

Re: Graph Stats for WPN MTTs (Went All In) and Money won

Postby KaGGo18 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:11 am

Dec 2020, Jan 2021, Feb 2021 it's saying I won 10k but I was break-even or up a little (grinding on-demands)
Attachments
PT4Forum2.PNG
KaGGo18

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:21 pm

For accurate data your tournament results need to be recorded correctly and that doesn't appear to be the case here. If you look at a list of individual tournaments and sort accordingly then you should be able to identify where issues are and correct them. For example your report states a total buy-in of $38 for February with net winnings of $1,874.86 so it's likely that either there are tournaments where too much winnings have been input and/or buyins haven't been recorded correctly ($38 / 237 is an average buyin of $0.16).If you double-click on the February line you can review/sort/edit the individual tournaments.

Bear in mind that the Winning Poker Network (WPN) do not include detailed tournament summary information so some buyins/results will need to be manually updated but if PokerTracker 4 is inputting incorrect non-zero data on import then zip/compress the files provided to you by WPN and attach them to a Support Ticket. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your files to your 'Processed' folder which you can access via the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' option.
Flag_Hippo

Postby KaGGo18 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:58 pm

I get what you're saying, Hippo. Thanks.

But can you word it differently?

Me: I play 20-30 Tourneys from $3.30 - $16.50 in a day. Just wanna Peep the "Went All In" graph to see Like "Oh, I was up $200 today, what did it look like?". That's all. -- I look at both Chips and BB because Some tourneys start with 5k chips and some with 250k. -- When I look, it kind of makes sense but it tells me my Buy-Ins are like $20 and my ROI is 7,000% so "something" is off.

Right now, I just wanna see like "Am I running Bad or Good, All-In" -- Later I might want/need more useful stats. -- Checked out some Independent YouTube vids but no one really covers those graphs. So I'm kinda stuck.

Would love a few minutes of your time on a Screen Share Discord or Something. Can compensate. Thanks!

Brian
KaGGo18

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:52 am

KaGGo18 wrote:Me: I play 20-30 Tourneys from $3.30 - $16.50 in a day.

As I mentioned in my original reply your report states a total buy-in of $38 for February 2021 on 237 tournaments which tells me that is an average buy-in of $0.16 for each tournament:

$38 / 237 = $0.16

If your actual buy-ins range from $3.30 to $16.50 then you would need to manually update any tournaments with incorrect data. You can double-click on the February line to review/sort the individual tournaments and edit them:

Guide: Updating Tournament Information Manually

This tutorial video covers how you can drill down in reports.

We have been in contact with WPN about adding the extra required information to their summary files and you can open a Support Ticket to be notified of any updates in this regard however I don't yet have any timescale as we are reliant on WPN to make the changes.
KaGGo18 wrote:Just wanna Peep the "Went All In" graph to see Like "Oh, I was up $200 today, what did it look like?". That's all. -- I look at both Chips and BB because Some tourneys start with 5k chips and some with 250k.

You don't need to specifically filter for 'Went All In' and you'll still see adjusted results and there is more on this later in my reply. Also since you are filtering specifically for all-in hands preflop the total winnings and chips in BB you are seeing in the graph are only for the hands in which you went all-in preflop and not for the tournaments as a whole.
KaGGo18 wrote:When I look, it kind of makes sense but it tells me my Buy-Ins are like $20 and my ROI is 7,000% so "something" is off.

Since your buy-ins are being under reported this will inflate your net winnings and ROI. The formula for ROI is this:

Net Won / Total Buy-Ins

Therefore the correct ROI in PokerTracker 4 can only be calculated when the correct buy-in/results information for each tournament have been entered.
KaGGo18 wrote:Right now, I just wanna see like "Am I running Bad or Good, All-In" -- Later I might want/need more useful stats. -- Checked out some Independent YouTube vids but no one really covers those graphs. So I'm kinda stuck.

In hands where you are all-in PokerTracker 4 calculates your all-in equity:

Guide: All-In Equity

To see how this applies to tournaments results see this guide:

Guide: Net Adjusted Winnings Graphs

However since your tournament buy-in/results information is not correct then some of your adjusted statistics will not be accurate. Also note that ICM calculations can only be done for final table hands and if the prizes are known.
Flag_Hippo

Postby KaGGo18 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:25 pm

Thanks for the lengthy reply!

I don't see a world where I am manually updating each tournament I play in PT4. I do hope WPN heeds your request, though!!

I'll check out the graph link, thanks!

I don't really see what other graph I'd want for MTTs. Like if I call down ATs from the Button on a JT562 Runout from an UTG open all 3 streets and win, a little pot, is there a graph for that? (That prob sounds weird)
KaGGo18

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:36 am

KaGGo18 wrote:Like if I call down ATs from the Button on a JT562 Runout from an UTG open all 3 streets and win, a little pot, is there a graph for that? (That prob sounds weird)

That's a very specific spot to graph for so that's not going to tell you much. There are also many other reports in PokerTracker 4 you can use to review your data and they will display far more information than a graph. For example:

'View Stats -> Statistics -> Report: Summary -> Group By: Position (Full Ring)'.

'View Stats -> Statistics -> Report: Summary -> Group By: Starting Hands (Holdem)'.

'View Stats -> Statistics -> Report: Holdem Hand Range Visualizer'.

Video: Holdem Hand Range Visualizer

All the tutorial videos can be accessed here or while using PokerTracker 4 via the video icon (the green "?") when it's available in a report.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4