Windows 11 issue

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Windows 11 issue

Postby APerfect10 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:53 am

pagaEvira wrote:Thank you, that was it!
I install the AMD KB Update and put on balanced mode after that the problem never happen again.
I miss this step because i have the AMD Radeon Software but Windows allways install others drivers and after this the program not open anymore, so i unistall this program and let windows keep doing his things...
I check all the windows update, the HP software and install the alpha version of PokerTracker 4 but the AMD KB update was necessary.. I install this and change to the Balanced power plan because my laptop is 5500U an zen 2 architecture, after that problem solved.

Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for confirming!

-Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby APerfect10 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:14 am

For anyone still experiencing crashes, we are noticing that the majority of users fall into two categories:

1. Their AMD CPU drivers need updated due to an AMD Windows 11 bug. Please see the AMD KB Update Notice specifically issue #2.

2. We're also seeing many users who were previously experiencing crashes after updating to the latest Windows 11 December cumulative update; the crashes no longer happen. Please go into your Windows Update and make sure that all optional Cumulative updates are installed.

To check your Windows build version, hit the Windows key and type "winver". You should have "Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.348)" or above. The current version is 22000.376 which is even better. If you have a lower version than 348 then you have updates that need installed.

If you are still experiencing crashes and you have an Intel CPU or an updated AMD CPU and are running the latest Windows update then please let us know and we'll work with you to further troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:29 am

A new alpha for users experiencing any Windows 11 crashes after following the instructions in my last message ^

[REMOVED}

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby stefansinger » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:16 pm

Link is not working. Please update (and then delete my post :-)
stefansinger

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:15 am

Please try this link: [REMOVED]
WhiteRider

Postby APerfect10 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:25 am

Thanks to a few customers who have been working very closely with us, I think we have narrowed down the problem.

Please download and install the latest alpha (2408) which has resolved all crashing issues (thus far) for those customers working closely with us.

PokerTracker v4.15.38.2408 - Download (Edit: Outdated URL removed)

We have had to disable two things with this version:

1. The PokerStars memory grabber
2. The PokerTracker community page

We are working hard to be able to safely re-enable these features and I will post a new alpha once they are re-enabled and we believe they will not causes crashes.

If you do experience a crash with this version, please create a support ticket and send us your logs.

Best regards,

Derek

P.S. Due to the holiday season and many of our development team taking holiday; this may be the final alpha that we are able to release this year. At minimum, we'll have a new one available in early January.
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby APerfect10 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:40 am

For the remaining people having issues with random crashes of PokerTracker on Windows 11, we have released a new alpha:

1. We have re-enabled the PokerStars memory grabber.
2. We have improved crash report logging.

PokerTracker v4.15.38.2423 - Download [Edit: Removed outdated URL]

When you crash, please submit your crash reports on your next start of PokerTracker. We are actively monitoring your submitted crash reports for this issue.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby elliottpoker » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:53 am

Hiya,

I am still experiencing the same issue with the latest version posted, albeit I was able to log more hands than previously.

When Pokertracker closes and I reopen it I do not see any indication of a crash report, are you able to advise?

Many thanks,

Elliott
elliottpoker

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:57 pm

If there was no crash report window then let us know in your existing support ticket along with your new PokerTracker4.log file that was requested from the new version after the crash. Since you've restarted PokerTracker 4 that log file will now be in the 'Archive' folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby elliottpoker » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:13 am

Sent!
elliottpoker

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4