Error: Invalid stack: <Player>

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Error: Invalid stack: <Player>

Postby rafk12 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:29 pm

Hello, everyone!

I have been trying to import the following hand to pt4, but It always results in an error: "Error:PokerStars:Invalid stack: Bruno Rosa (Hand #680686256401) (Line #33)". I don't understand what the problem is, since all the players spent less coins than they initially had, excluding one player who did an all-in.

PokerStars Hand #680686256401: Hold'em No Limit (0.1/0.2) - 2022/01/17 21:29:26 UTC
Table 'TEXAS 4(2)' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Poker_0v98u (9.7 in chips)
Seat 2: Bruno Rosa (6.5 in chips)
Seat 3: Feelipe (8.5 in chips)
Seat 4: Poker_n8sj3 (87.7 in chips)
Poker_0v98u: posts small blind 0.1
Poker_n8sj3: posts big blind 0.2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Poker_0v98u [7d Jc]
Feelipe: calls 0.2
Bruno Rosa: raises 0.5 to 1.3
Poker_0v98u: folds
Poker_n8sj3: raises 1.3 to 3.5
Feelipe: folds
Bruno Rosa: calls 5.7 and is all-in
Poker_n8sj3: calls 4.1
Bruno Rosa: shows [Kh Kc]
Poker_n8sj3: shows [Qc Qh]
*** FLOP *** [7h Tc 6s]
*** TURN *** [7h Tc 6s] [Jh]
*** RIVER *** [7h Tc 6s Jh] [5c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Poker_n8sj3: shows [Qc Qh] (one pair)
Bruno Rosa: shows [Kh Kc] (one pair)
Bruno Rosa collected 12.6 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 13.3 Main Pot 12.6.| Rake 0.7
Board [7h Tc 6s Jh 5c]
Seat 1: Poker_0v98u (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: Bruno Rosa (button) showed [Kh Kc] and won (12.6)
Seat 3: Feelipe folded before Flop
Seat 4: Poker_n8sj3 (big blind) showed [Qc Qh] and lost

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
rafk12

Re: Error: Invalid stack: <Player>

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:39 am

Where is this hand from? It doesn't look like a genuine PokerStars hand. With regards to what I see in the hand:

1. No currency has been specified.

2. Stacks are only to 1 decimal place.

3. These lines do not make sense or add up:

rafk12 wrote:Feelipe: calls 0.2

If Bruno is raising 0.5 then that would make 0.7 and not 1.3. There are also issues with subsequent actions/amounts. I suggest taking a look at how a genuine PokerStars hand is written.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rafk12 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Where is this hand from? It doesn't look like a genuine PokerStars hand. With regards to what I see in the hand:

1. No currency has been specified.

2. Stacks are only to 1 decimal place.

3. These lines do not make sense or add up:

rafk12 wrote:Feelipe: calls 0.2

If Bruno is raising 0.5 then that would make 0.7 and not 1.3. There are also issues with subsequent actions/amounts. I suggest taking a look at how a genuine PokerStars hand is written.

I got this hand history as an output from a custom parser I am working on, and this is the first game that pt4 couldn't read the hand history properly.
Regarding 1 an 2, I don't think there numbers are an issue, apparently pt4 assumes US Dollars as default, and the decimal places are more than enough, at least for that game. As for your third point, that player is raising the current pot from 0.5 (0.3 from blinds + 0.2 from one call) to 1.3, meaning that they spent 0.8 chips in this action.
rafk12

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:27 pm

rafk12 wrote:I got this hand history as an output from a custom parser I am working on, and this is the first game that pt4 couldn't read the hand history properly.
Regarding 1 an 2, I don't think there numbers are an issue, apparently pt4 assumes US Dollars as default, and the decimal places are more than enough, at least for that game.

I can only really comment on the differences I see between your text and a genuine PokerStars hand history. An original PokerStars hand history always has a currency with two decimal places and when a player raises the value in the hand history is the difference between the absolute amount versus the prior bet/raise.
rafk12 wrote:As for your third point, that player is raising the current pot from 0.5 (0.3 from blinds + 0.2 from one call) to 1.3, meaning that they spent 0.8 chips in this action.

Based on your definition:
rafk12 wrote:Poker_n8sj3: raises 1.3 to 3.5

this player is raising the current pot from 1.3 to 3.5 meaning that they spent 2.2 chips in this action. So the pot is now 3.5 and the next lines are:
rafk12 wrote:Feelipe: folds

Bruno is calling an amount higher than the current pot? That would normally be specified as a raise. Other than that I don't have any further input on why this hand might not be importing since it deviates so much from a normal PokerStars hand.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rafk12 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:50 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:
rafk12 wrote:I got this hand history as an output from a custom parser I am working on, and this is the first game that pt4 couldn't read the hand history properly.
Regarding 1 an 2, I don't think there numbers are an issue, apparently pt4 assumes US Dollars as default, and the decimal places are more than enough, at least for that game.

I can only really comment on the differences I see between your text and a genuine PokerStars hand history. An original PokerStars hand history always has a currency with two decimal places and when a player raises the value in the hand history is the difference between the absolute amount versus the prior bet/raise.
rafk12 wrote:As for your third point, that player is raising the current pot from 0.5 (0.3 from blinds + 0.2 from one call) to 1.3, meaning that they spent 0.8 chips in this action.

Based on your definition:
rafk12 wrote:Poker_n8sj3: raises 1.3 to 3.5

this player is raising the current pot from 1.3 to 3.5 meaning that they spent 2.2 chips in this action. So the pot is now 3.5 and the next lines are:
rafk12 wrote:Feelipe: folds

Bruno is calling an amount higher than the current pot? That would normally be specified as a raise. Other than that I don't have any further input on why this hand might not be importing since it deviates so much from a normal PokerStars hand.

I should have mentioned that this is being treated as a pokerstars hand, although it actually isn't. This is a hand from a network called "Suprema", and because they aren't listed in pt4, I had to use another network.

As for your feedback, I get it that the raise looks pretty odd, but even after watching the match replay in their own website, these are the actions and there is indeed a call that is higher than the current pot.
rafk12

Return to PokerTracker 4