unable to log into database

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

unable to log into database

Postby rgs74 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 pm

unable to login to database (PT3DB).Reason:Server closed the connection unexpectedlyThis probably means the server terminated abnormally before processing the request

?
rgs74

Re: unable to log into database

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:00 am

You need to restart the postgres service.
Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> Start Service.
If that (or a reboot) doesn't work, see the Database / Postgres FAQ about postmaster.pid.
WhiteRider

Postby Giourkas » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Sometimes it works, but most of the times when I enter in PT it continues giving me that error.
When I start the service it gives me an error too, so I think the postgreSQL is not working well.
Giourkas

Postby Peligroso » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Giourkas wrote:Sometimes it works, but most of the times when I enter in PT it continues giving me that error.
When I start the service it gives me an error too, so I think the postgreSQL is not working well.

What error does it give you when you start the service?
Peligroso

Postby Giourkas » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:25 pm

The window closes very fast and I can't read what it says, but I can read that it isn't possible to start the service
Giourkas

Postby prajna » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:38 am

Reboot your system. When it comes back up, right click on my computer (or computer if you are in vista), then click on manage. Now click on services and applications, then click on services. Search the list of services that are there for a service named postgresql database server 8.x. Under the status column, what does it say? Also, what is your startup type (manual or automatic). If the services status is not listed, right click on the service and select start. You should see the status changed to started. If so, then you are good to go.

~ Thomas
[PokerTracker Support]
prajna

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]