Stat definition

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

Stat definition

Postby rabbitlover » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 pm

There is a stat available in Configure Popup Stats that I cannot find a definition of, and I do not know if it is a PA or PT stat.
It is not listed here http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PAH/docs/?page=stats, and I am guessing it would be the same as Cold Call Preflop; although I must wonder why both if they are in fact the same.
Please let me know, and have a great weekend (if like me, doing the same damn thing I do all week :o )
rabbitlover

Re: Stat definition

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:14 am

What is the stat called?
WhiteRider

Postby rabbitlover » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:45 am

WhiteRider wrote:What is the stat called?

Sorry, guess that would help! :cry:

Call Preflop Raise
rabbitlover

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:09 am

Call preflop raise is a count of how often you call any raise preflop.
Cold call preflop is when you call a raise preflop when you haven't yet got any money in the pot.

So if you limp then call a raise, that is a CPFR, but not a cold call.
Likewise, if you are in the blinds and call a raise, that is not a cold call.
WhiteRider

Postby rabbitlover » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:54 am

WhiteRider wrote:Call preflop raise is a count of how often you call any raise preflop.
Cold call preflop is when you call a raise preflop when you haven't yet got any money in the pot.

So if you limp then call a raise, that is a CPFR, but not a cold call.
Likewise, if you are in the blinds and call a raise, that is not a cold call.

So let me get this right, as they do seem to be very different.
With Cold Call Preflop, it is NOT recorded for a player at ALL if he he first limps, then calls a PF raise, or if he was in a blind at all?
I did not realize being in a blind cancelled this stat.

It would then seem to me that Call Preflop Raise is a much more meaningful stat to record a players action. I would think it very important to know a player who first limps but then is willing to call a preflop raise.

Is Call Preflop Raise a PT stat or PAHud stat?

Thanks
rabbitlover

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:05 pm

rabbitlover wrote:So let me get this right, as they do seem to be very different.
With Cold Call Preflop, it is NOT recorded for a player at ALL if he he first limps, then calls a PF raise, or if he was in a blind at all?
I did not realize being in a blind cancelled this stat.

Correct.

It would then seem to me that Call Preflop Raise is a much more meaningful stat to record a players action. I would think it very important to know a player who first limps but then is willing to call a preflop raise.

Is Call Preflop Raise a PT stat or PAHud stat?

Call preflop raise includes cold calls as well - it counts hands where the player calls any raise preflop, whether he had already limped or raised or anything.

Yes, they show different cases, so you may find both useful in different situations.
As far as I know, they are both PT2 stats.
WhiteRider

Postby BrianChina » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:34 pm

This is a timely discussion because I've been trying to focus on this stat recently during my hand replays and analysis of both my play and my opponents. But I was terribly confused because it was virtually always zero and did not agree with the equivalent stat in SNG Wizard (which they say is the most important thing to focus on for short stack play).

And I agree with the op on the following:

The thing is that Call PFR is nowhere to be found in PT2 and that is a shame. It was only when I looked at the popup stats and started montoring both that it became apparent that there was something seriously missing from the CC stat. If there needed to be a choice made between the two stats I would think that Call Preflop Raise to be the most valuable, if only because a stat that is almost always zero is not all that useful.

Any possiblitiy of changing this in PT?
BrianChina

Postby rabbitlover » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:54 pm

BrianChina wrote:This is a timely discussion because I've been trying to focus on this stat recently during my hand replays and analysis of both my play and my opponents. But I was terribly confused because it was virtually always zero and did not agree with the equivalent stat in SNG Wizard (which they say is the most important thing to focus on for short stack play).

And I agree with the op on the following:

The thing is that Call PFR is nowhere to be found in PT2 and that is a shame. It was only when I looked at the popup stats and started montoring both that it became apparent that there was something seriously missing from the CC stat. If there needed to be a choice made between the two stats I would think that Call Preflop Raise to be the most valuable, if only because a stat that is almost always zero is not all that useful.

Any possiblitiy of changing this in PT?

I certainly cannot speak for Pat, Josh, and AP10; but I doubt there will be any changes in PT2; and it is very possible this is all incorporated in PT3.
But since you are using PT2 and PAHud, have you come up with any meaningful "grouping" on the Call Preflop Raise stat?
i.e., any percentage that you classify as "passive", "average", "aggressive"; anything that you determine as a way to rate your opponent with this stat?

Thanks
rabbitlover

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:02 am

Rabbitlover is correct, there won't be any new functionality added to PT2, but these kind of stats are very flexible in PT3, and if what you want doesn't exist, you can create it with a Custom Statistic.
WhiteRider

Return to General