Wrong freeroll tournament buyin

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wrong freeroll tournament buyin

Postby Webforger » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:06 am

Importing freeroll tournaments are displaying wrong buyins. Instead of $0.00 PT3 displays $5.50. The amount differs, depending on the $ tournaments I played around the time I play the freerolls.
Webforger

Re: Wrong freeroll tournament buyin

Postby Webforger » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:58 am

I need to correct: it was a 10FPP buyin, not a freeroll
Webforger

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:23 am

Currently there is no way of recording use of FPPs, though hopefully some way of doing this will be added.
Are you importing the tournament summaries from the results sent by Pokerstars?
Did the file have multiple summaries as well as the freeroll?

Please enable logging, and next time you see the problem submit your PokerTracker.log to the
Support system , and link to this thread.

You can correct this manually for now using the Tournaments -> Enter Results screen, and uncheck "show only tournaments without results".
WhiteRider

Postby Webforger » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:35 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Currently there is no way of recording use of FPPs, though hopefully some way of doing this will be added.
Are you importing the tournament summaries from the results sent by Pokerstars?

Yes, but via a route through PT2. Hands are saved to a processed hands directory. Then I let PT2 fetch the summary from my mailbox and save it to the processed hands directory. Then I fire up PT3 to process the HH and summary files.

Did the file have multiple summaries as well as the freeroll?

No. Only the one summary for the FPP buyin.

Please enable logging, and next time you see the problem submit your PokerTracker.log to the
Support system , and link to this thread.

Will do next time.

You can correct this manually for now using the Tournaments -> Enter Results screen, and uncheck "show only tournaments without results".

Will try that, thanks!
Webforger

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Webforger wrote:..via a route through PT2. Hands are saved to a processed hands directory. Then I let PT2 fetch the summary from my mailbox and save it to the processed hands directory. Then I fire up PT3 to process the HH and summary files.

Clever!
I like that..
WhiteRider

Postby richsklar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:10 pm

WhiteRider wrote:
Webforger wrote:..via a route through PT2. Hands are saved to a processed hands directory. Then I let PT2 fetch the summary from my mailbox and save it to the processed hands directory. Then I fire up PT3 to process the HH and summary files.

Clever!
I like that..

How does PT2 know what to import? Do you point it at the PT3 DB or do you import hh into PT2 or what?
richsklar

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm

I haven't done this myself, but I think you need to configure PT2 (completely independent of PT3) to retrieve and import tournament summaries automatically from your email. I think you would also have had to import the hand histories into PT2, for the summary import to work.
It sounds like you can then have PT2 automatically save the imported summaries as files. If you have PT3 import from where you are saving these files to, then the whole process is automated.

If you can't work out how to set all this up (and I know I haven't been much use..) I suggest you post in the PT2 forums.
WhiteRider

Postby BillyTheBull » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:53 pm

WhiteRider wrote:

Clever!
I like that..

Wow, this sounds very useful, but I can't get it to work, or maybe I'm misunderstanding . . . it seems like your saying that you can copy the emailed tournament summary to a directory outside your mailbox, and PT3 is able to grab them from there? I just tried that by drag/dropping a handful of Stars summaries from Outlook into the Stars HH directory, but while they do successfully copy, they get there as ".msg" files, and PT3 spits out an "unrecognized file format" error. Help??

As far as setting PT3 up to grab my email summaries off the server, unfortunately I use a Live/Hotmail account for my poker emails where I don't get pop3 functionality unless I pay Microsoft a ridiculous monthly fee :? . . . short of switching to a different email provider w/ pop3, is there any way to still get this to work?
BillyTheBull

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:38 pm

You need a pop3 account so you're stuck if you use hotmail.
You can use gmail which is free.
Here's a link to help you set up GMail's POP3 Settings.

As for the sneaky PT2 workaround, I'm pretty sure you need pop3 to automate the import into PT2, so that won't help you either..
But if you are able to import to PT2, I think the workaround was to have PT2 write processed files - these shouldn't be .msg files, they should be text files I guess. I haven't actually done this myself, but it was before the time that PT3 started imporing emails, so it can't be .msg files that you're supposed to import.
Try importing from your PT2 processed files folder.
WhiteRider

Postby BillyTheBull » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:23 pm

WhiteRider wrote:You need a pop3 account so you're stuck if you use hotmail.

Luckily, Microsoft finally came to its senses and implemented pop3 functionality for free on hotmail/live email accounts -- yeay!! :D

So, I've been busily downloading my Stars tourney histories, which has been working nicely (although there are still a few problems, as you already know from the relating support ticket). NOW, I'd like to do the same for all those Cereus tourneys awaiting results input, but I can't find a way to request a tourney summary via the Cereus client . . . they do have a tourney HH request option, but that just duplicates the HH already in my db . . . does Cereus not offer anything like that, or am I missing something?
BillyTheBull

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]